[Support] jasonbean - Apache Guacamole

Message added by Taddeusz,

Before upgrading to 1.5.0 you need to have first upgraded to 1.4.0-3 of the container. I discovered that prior to 1.4.0-3 it was not shutting down MariaDB correctly and causing the database to be left in a dirty state.

If after upgrading to 1.5.0 you discover that MariaDB is stopping and the log mentions something about needing to open the database in an older version of MariaDB you should downgrade specifically to 1.4.0-3, start the container and make sure it's running correctly. Then you may upgrade to 1.5.0.

thanks.

so..once a connection is configured it will automatically select that connection when logging in. so i can no longer reconfigure that connection from the gui. however, the user-mapping file in appdata didnt seem to update with the connection configuration...

how can I change the connection settings then?

3 minutes ago, surfshack66 said:

thanks.

so..once a connection is configured it will automatically select that connection when logging in. so i can no longer reconfigure that connection from the gui. however, the user-mapping file in appdata didnt seem to update with the connection configuration...

how can I change the connection settings then?

Ctrl-Alt-Shift will bring up the menu. Not saying that I won't help with future questions but the full manual for Guacamole is located here: http://guacamole.incubator.apache.org/doc/gug/.

Pushed out, I think, the last update until the next version of Apache Guacamole is released. I decided to upgrade the base software to their latest stable versions. phusion/baseimage 0.9.22 is based on Ubuntu 16.04 LTS rather than the 14.04 LTS that it was based on previously. Tomcat 8 is supposed to bring some performance increases. Let me know if anyone experiences any trouble. I have it working fine in my own environment.

• 1 month later...
6 hours ago, Taddeusz said:

I assume you're using Windows 10 Pro. Home does not provide RDP connection.

Yes sir. I use them all the time through the conventional windows remote desktop app and it works perfectly.

The error I am getting in the Webui is "The remote desktop server is currently unreachable. If the problem persists, please notify your system administrator, or check your system logs."

Then, this is what the syslog says each time I try to connect. Nothing sticks out at me as helpful......

Sep 13 04:07:44 d37080f236f9 guacd[75]: Creating new client for protocol "rdp"
Sep 13 04:07:44 d37080f236f9 guacd[75]: Connection ID is "$f88cc17f-3ce7-4fca-adb8-223170577f1f"
Sep 13 04:07:44 d37080f236f9 guacd[858]: Security mode: ANY
Sep 13 04:07:44 d37080f236f9 guacd[858]: Resize method: none
Sep 13 04:07:44 d37080f236f9 guacd[858]: User "@889670ec-bbf3-4d51-8ef3-9cfbed6f7dd9" joined connection "$f88cc17f-3ce7-4fca-adb8-223170577f1f" (1 users now present)
Sep 13 04:07:44 d37080f236f9 guacd[858]: Loading keymap "base"
Sep 13 04:07:44 d37080f236f9 guacd[858]: Loading keymap "en-us-qwerty"
Sep 13 04:07:47 d37080f236f9 guacd[858]: Error connecting to RDP server
Sep 13 04:07:47 d37080f236f9 guacd[858]: User "@889670ec-bbf3-4d51-8ef3-9cfbed6f7dd9" disconnected (0 users remain)
Sep 13 04:07:47 d37080f236f9 guacd[858]: Last user of connection "$f88cc17f-3ce7-4fca-adb8-223170577f1f" disconnected
Sep 13 04:07:47 d37080f236f9 guacd[75]: Connection "$f88cc17f-3ce7-4fca-adb8-223170577f1f" removed.

Did windows 10 work with guac out of the box? No special configuration or regedits to allow them to communicate properly?

I have the same problem here. It's started today. I also was not possible for me to ping the Windows 10 PRO server. Looks like Microsoft updated the firewall with an update. I activated the firewall for the private zone the PING ipv4 and ipv6 feature and PING is working now. I also checked the RDP section and everything looks correct. I am also possible for me to connect with remmina from my linux desktop on the windows 10 pro desktop. But like I wrote in the first sentence, from today I am not possible to login on the windows 10 pro desktop (I don't changed a guacamole settings).

I also test to deactivate the firewall. Nothing changed (I am not possible to login). 

I found this issue on guacamole.

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/GUACAMOLE-111

Could it be that the docker of guacamole can not connect the vm server?

Extra info: The RDP to my Windows 7 desktop (also a vm) is working

Edited by fanningert

@Taddeusz This option is active (Sorry is a German screenshot) and it was possible for me to connect to the machine. But from today something might be changed (Windows update)?

image.png.d5023c8ead63f220508f70a212546509.png

It is also possible for me to connect from my laptop via remmina rdp client to connect to the virtual machine (Windows 10). But via guacamole docker image it is not possible for me. But on the other hand, it is possible to connect to a windows 7 virtual machine.

EDIT:

Ok I found the solution. The problem is that currently I get a certificate error at the login.

image.png.eca55c395c5a9c7f7ff21c5214df3a03.png

When I now activate the option to ignore the certificate the connection is working.

Thanks for your help.

Edited by fanningert
  • Upvote 1
On 19/09/2017 at 1:39 PM, fanningert said:

@Taddeusz This option is active (Sorry is a German screenshot) and it was possible for me to connect to the machine. But from today something might be changed (Windows update)?

image.png.d5023c8ead63f220508f70a212546509.png

It is also possible for me to connect from my laptop via remmina rdp client to connect to the virtual machine (Windows 10). But via guacamole docker image it is not possible for me. But on the other hand, it is possible to connect to a windows 7 virtual machine.

EDIT:

Ok I found the solution. The problem is that currently I get a certificate error at the login.

image.png.eca55c395c5a9c7f7ff21c5214df3a03.png

When I now activate the option to ignore the certificate the connection is working.

Thanks for your help.

This solved my problem as well!

8 minutes ago, alturismo said:

Hi, may someone else already updated to RC9 and have issues with guacamole ...

no more connections working, rdp, ssh, vnc, ... nothing in the logs, either from docker nor system ...

may an idea what could be the reason ?

Does the web interface work? On occasion I've had a problem where guacd doesn't start properly or won't respond. The result is that no connections work. Restarting the docker container has always fixed it for me.

17 hours ago, Taddeusz said:

Does the web interface work? On occasion I've had a problem where guacd doesn't start properly or won't respond. The result is that no connections work. Restarting the docker container has always fixed it for me.

Hi, yes, webinterface working, also can add or remove connections ... but always get cannt connect ...

you have 6.4 rc9 installed and working ?

2 minutes ago, alturismo said:

Hi, yes, webinterface working, also can add or remove connections ... but always get cannt connect ...

No, since the happiness of our house depends on the server I'm sticking to final releases.

Edited by Taddeusz

ok, downgraded to 6.4 rc8 and it works again ... so something changed ...

sorry but there are no log entries to identify anything ...

---

Update, upgraded again cause i solved also my TVH issue and now its working  ... no idea why (no change) but nvm, so rc9 is fine, sorry.

Edited by alturismo

Thanks for the work in getting this on Unraid. Just got it set up with a free Duo account.

Issues I had that may be useful for others in the future include that I had to use IP addresses for my 2 Win10 boxes, hostnames would not work.

And for one of my Win10 machines, I had to modify the registry key \HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Terminal Server\WinStations\RDP-Tcp\SecurityLayer and set it to 1 (it was set to 2). The other machine was already set to 1.

https://www.host.ag/blog/increase-the-security-of-your-windows-server-2012-remote-desktop/

Hi I got LDAP configured and I can log in but I am unable to create any connections, I searched around but haven't really found an answer.

Also I was reading the guacamole documentation and it says you can store connection info in the mysql database but you said that we can't have mysql and LDAP on at the same time why is that?

7 hours ago, macattack said:

Hi I got LDAP configured and I can log in but I am unable to create any connections, I searched around but haven't really found an answer.

Also I was reading the guacamole documentation and it says you can store connection info in the mysql database but you said that we can't have mysql and LDAP on at the same time why is that?

Are you using Windows Active Directory or regular LDAP?

22 minutes ago, macattack said:

I am using Active Directory.

That's how I originally had mine configured at home. My DC died so I decided just to not do a Windows Domain at home since it just added unnecessary complexity and since I've started doing development rather than network admin it doesn't really do anything for me professionally.

This is the document I followed to get it working: Guacamole LDAP Authentication with Active Directory

Make sure the users that are allowed to use each particular computer are specified 

On 9/23/2017 at 9:36 AM, alturismo said:

Last night I decided to install RC9. My Guacamole is working fine. I'm able to log in and connect to my remote machines. Not sure what the difference might be?