[Support] jasonbean - Apache Guacamole

Message added by Taddeusz,

Before upgrading to 1.5.0 you need to have first upgraded to 1.4.0-3 of the container. I discovered that prior to 1.4.0-3 it was not shutting down MariaDB correctly and causing the database to be left in a dirty state.

If after upgrading to 1.5.0 you discover that MariaDB is stopping and the log mentions something about needing to open the database in an older version of MariaDB you should downgrade specifically to 1.4.0-3, start the container and make sure it's running correctly. Then you may upgrade to 1.5.0.

Hello,

I am not able to log in to the container used the webui. It says that the default user and password is guacadmin, but it never works.

I have tried multiple times, removed and reinstalled the container, used the one without MariaDB. Nothing seems to work. Can I loging as root (I was not able to do that as well)?? Quite frustrating, sorry.

19 minutes ago, gullie said:

Hello,

I am not able to log in to the container used the webui. It says that the default user and password is guacadmin, but it never works.

I have tried multiple times, removed and reinstalled the container, used the one without MariaDB. Nothing seems to work. Can I loging as root (I was not able to do that as well)?? Quite frustrating, sorry.

It sounds like you should be using the one with MariaDB. Do you already have a separate database set up?

• Like 1
44 minutes ago, gullie said:

I did not set it up, but the container is there. I did not see instructions to create a DB.

there are 2 versions in CA

with AND without mariadb, the one without (NoMariaDB) expects you have a separate database (another container etc.),

may start with the regular one ... in case you used the "ApacheGuacamoleNoMariaDB" one ...

2 minutes ago, alturismo said:

there are 2 versions in CA

with AND without mariadb, the one without (NoMariaDB) expects you have a separate database (another container etc.),

may start with the regular one ... in case you used the "ApacheGuacamoleNoMariaDB" one ...

Yes, I can understand that but how do I log in to the one with MariaDB? Thanks!

2 minutes ago, alturismo said:

weird in case u had a clean install ... always worked here on 3 servers.

may start from scratch, uninstall all apache guacamole dockers, wipe in /appdata the Apacheguacamole folders ...

I already did that, the same thing... Thanks for your help :)

On 2/10/2019 at 9:22 AM, Taddeusz said:

Post your logs. The Docker console log and catalina.out.

I also have the same problem. In my case, I have mariadb for nextcloud and that works great. I used to have guacamole working, but 5 clean installs later and I can't get past the login page for both the mariadb version and the version without it.  I tried guacadmin for both u/p and it never lets me in. Not sure what I'm doing wrong. Docker console log says:

Creating properties from template.
Copying MySQL extension.
Updating user permissions.
2019-02-12 16:24:04,304 CRIT Set uid to user 0
2019-02-12 16:24:04,306 INFO supervisord started with pid 19
2019-02-12 16:24:05,307 INFO spawned: 'guacd' with pid 22
2019-02-12 16:24:05,308 INFO spawned: 'tomcat8' with pid 23
guacd[22]: INFO: Guacamole proxy daemon (guacd) version 1.0.0 started
guacd[22]: INFO: Listening on host 0.0.0.0, port 4822
2019-02-12 16:24:06,333 INFO success: guacd entered RUNNING state, process has stayed up for > than 1 seconds (startsecs)
2019-02-12 16:24:06,333 INFO success: tomcat8 entered RUNNING state, process has stayed up for > than 1 seconds (startsecs)

The same docker log for mariadb, except an extra line saying maridb entered RUNNING state, successfully. 

4 hours ago, Schwiing said:

I also have the same problem. In my case, I have mariadb for nextcloud and that works great. I used to have guacamole working, but 5 clean installs later and I can't get past the login page for both the mariadb version and the version without it.  I tried guacadmin for both u/p and it never lets me in. Not sure what I'm doing wrong. Docker console log says:

Creating properties from template.
Copying MySQL extension.
Updating user permissions.
2019-02-12 16:24:04,304 CRIT Set uid to user 0
2019-02-12 16:24:04,306 INFO supervisord started with pid 19
2019-02-12 16:24:05,307 INFO spawned: 'guacd' with pid 22
2019-02-12 16:24:05,308 INFO spawned: 'tomcat8' with pid 23
guacd[22]: INFO: Guacamole proxy daemon (guacd) version 1.0.0 started
guacd[22]: INFO: Listening on host 0.0.0.0, port 4822
2019-02-12 16:24:06,333 INFO success: guacd entered RUNNING state, process has stayed up for > than 1 seconds (startsecs)
2019-02-12 16:24:06,333 INFO success: tomcat8 entered RUNNING state, process has stayed up for > than 1 seconds (startsecs)

The same docker log for mariadb, except an extra line saying maridb entered RUNNING state, successfully. 

Do you have OPT_MYSQL set to "Y"? You may need to install MySQL Workbench to figure out what's going on with your database.

In the future I may make it easier to create and maintain an external database but for now this is a more manual process.

On 2/12/2019 at 9:09 PM, Taddeusz said:

Do you have OPT_MYSQL set to "Y"? You may need to install MySQL Workbench to figure out what's going on with your database.

In the future I may make it easier to create and maintain an external database but for now this is a more manual process.

Yes, it's set to Y (since that's the default). I'll install MySQL workbench as well to see what's going on and post back.

4 hours ago, Schwiing said:

Yes, it's set to Y (since that's the default). I'll install MySQL workbench as well to see what's going on and post back.

Looking at your catalina.out file might give you a clue. It might be the password for the guacamole database user that's not right. But you also might need to upgrade the schema.

@Schwiing Stop your Guacamole container and then in your Guacamole appdata folder go to guacamole/extensions and delete the guacamole-auth-jdbc-mysql-1.0.0.jar file. Then go to guacamole/lib and delete the two MySQL-connector files. And then start it back up.

If you’re still getting that error then you probably need to delete the container and reinstall it after deleting those same files again.

4 hours ago, Taddeusz said:

@Schwiing Stop your Guacamole container and then in your Guacamole appdata folder go to guacamole/extensions and delete the guacamole-auth-jdbc-mysql-1.0.0.jar file. Then go to guacamole/lib and delete the two MySQL-connector files. And then start it back up.

If you’re still getting that error then you probably need to delete the container and reinstall it after deleting those same files again.

Tried deleting the files and starting it back up. Used guacadmin/guacadmin. No joy. Uninstalled the container, cleaned up appdata and re-installed. Deleted the files again. No joy.

5 minutes ago, Taddeusz said:

What permissions problems are you talking about with your catalina.out file? Could this be causing issues with tomcat loading extensions?

Oh I just meant if I try to copy the catalina.out file, it doesn't let me because it belongs to a different user than the one on my Windows machine (i.e. "nobody" for unraid)

13 minutes ago, Schwiing said:

Oh I just meant if I try to copy the catalina.out file, it doesn't let me because it belongs to a different user than the one on my Windows machine (i.e. "nobody" for unraid)

What do the directory listings (ls -l) of your guacamole/extensions and guacamole/lib folders look like? If you copy the guacamole-auth-jdbc-mysql-1.0.0.jar file to your Windows computer, rename the file to .zip, and try to open it, what happens?