[Support] jasonbean - Apache Guacamole

Message added by Taddeusz,

Before upgrading to 1.5.0 you need to have first upgraded to 1.4.0-3 of the container. I discovered that prior to 1.4.0-3 it was not shutting down MariaDB correctly and causing the database to be left in a dirty state.

If after upgrading to 1.5.0 you discover that MariaDB is stopping and the log mentions something about needing to open the database in an older version of MariaDB you should downgrade specifically to 1.4.0-3, start the container and make sure it's running correctly. Then you may upgrade to 1.5.0.

15 minutes ago, Schwiing said:

Oh I just meant if I try to copy the catalina.out file, it doesn't let me because it belongs to a different user than the one on my Windows machine (i.e. "nobody" for unraid)

Also, to get the full catalina.out file try going to the Unraid Web UI, Shares, and then view the appdata share using the little folder icon in the right-hand most column.

10 minutes ago, Taddeusz said:

Also, to get the full catalina.out file try going to the Unraid Web UI, Shares, and then view the appdata share using the little folder icon in the right-hand most column.

That worked. See attached.

Regarding your last, I couldn't save it as a zip before so it didn't work. 

Screenshots also of the extensions and lib ls -l as well.

extensions.PNG

catalina.out

21 hours ago, Schwiing said:

That worked. See attached.

Regarding your last, I couldn't save it as a zip before so it didn't work. 

Screenshots also of the extensions and lib ls -l as well.

extensions.PNG

catalina.out

That looks ok. What is that path you have pointed to /config? If it is set to "/mnt/cache/appdata/ApacheGuacamole" please change it to "/mnt/user/appdata/ApacheGuacamole".

What do you mean you couldn't save it as a zip? A JAR file is actually a zip file. Just copy it to your desktop and then change the .jar extension to .zip. Windows will verify you want to change it.

If that doesn't work I can't think of why this would be happening other than your docker.img file has become corrupted somehow.

1 hour ago, Taddeusz said:

That looks ok. What is that path you have pointed to /config? If it is set to "/mnt/cache/appdata/ApacheGuacamole" please change it to "/mnt/user/appdata/ApacheGuacamole".

What do you mean you couldn't save it as a zip? A JAR file is actually a zip file. Just copy it to your desktop and then change the .jar extension to .zip. Windows will verify you want to change it.

If that doesn't work I can't think of why this would be happening other than your docker.img file has become corrupted somehow.

/config is pointed to /mnt/user/appdata/ApacheGuacamole. I was navigating in cache while in terminal, but the config is correct in the unraid GUI.

I followed your instructions to copy over the .jar file, renamed it to .zip and then extracted. I have a number of folders inside here.

4 minutes ago, Schwiing said:

/config is pointed to /mnt/user/appdata/ApacheGuacamole. I was navigating in cache while in terminal, but the config is correct in the unraid GUI.

I followed your instructions to copy over the .jar file, renamed it to .zip and then extracted. I have a number of folders inside here.

But no errors extracting it?

4 minutes ago, Schwiing said:

Correct. Extracted fine.

I'm at a loss. I'm not sure what's going on. Have you been having any problems with Unraid lately? The only thing that I can think is that your docker.img is corrupted. Have you tried running a scrub from the Docker settings?

One extreme thing you can try is disable Docker support, rename your docker.img, re-enable it and reinstall all your containers.

2 hours ago, Taddeusz said:

I'm at a loss. I'm not sure what's going on. Have you been having any problems with Unraid lately? The only thing that I can think is that your docker.img is corrupted. Have you tried running a scrub from the Docker settings?

One extreme thing you can try is disable Docker support, rename your docker.img, re-enable it and reinstall all your containers.

Unraid has been running great with the exception of Guacamole. 

I'll run a scrub and if that fails, I'll make a new docker.img

18 hours ago, Taddeusz said:

Still no joy. I don't need guacd by chance, do I? 

Again, just to make sure we're on the same page...guacamole loads up in the browser just fine. I just can't get past the login screen.

Just now, Schwiing said:

Still no joy. I don't need guacd by chance, do I? 

Again, just to make sure we're on the same page...guacamole loads up in the browser just fine. I just can't get past the login screen.

guacd is very important. It's the daemon that lets the tomcat front end connect to your remote hosts (RDP, VNC, etc).

I could get a better look if you could send me the full catalina.out file. Like I said, go into your Unraid UI and you can download the file from there if you browse via the "Shares" page.

1 minute ago, Taddeusz said:

guacd is very important. It's the daemon that lets the tomcat front end connect to your remote hosts (RDP, VNC, etc).

I could get a better look if you could send me the full catalina.out file. Like I said, go into your Unraid UI and you can download the file from there if you browse via the "Shares" page.

Didn't know that. Guacamole used to work without it. I'll give it a try though.

I put my catalina.out file a few posts ago, right below my screenshot.

4 minutes ago, Taddeusz said:

Installed guacd + guacamole. Still can't get past the login page. Was worth a shot.

1 minute ago, Schwiing said:

Installed guacd + guacamole. Still can't get past the login page. Was worth a shot.

Well, I completely forgot about HDtuning ever since I put in my 10G NIC. Only a couple database containers require the config to be in /mnt/cache rather than /mnt/user. Don't know why.

Looks like that worked.

• 3 weeks later...

Having issues getting this working with Unraid.

I have simply used the Community Apps ( plugin ) to find and install the docker image.

I have included the configuration, command, and catalina.out

I get the UI to open, however 'guacadmin' does not work and any attempt is met with 'invalid login'

unraid_docker_command.txt

unraid_docker_xml.txt

catalina.out

unraid_docker_log.txt

Edited by kenmaglio
added log
25 minutes ago, kenmaglio said:

Having issues getting this working with Unraid.

I have simply used the Community Apps ( plugin ) to find and install the docker image.

I have included the configuration, command, and catalina.out

I get the UI to open, however 'guacadmin' does not work and any attempt is met with 'invalid login'

unraid_docker_command.txt

unraid_docker_xml.txt

catalina.out

unraid_docker_log.txt

Just to try, I deleted everything. and now installed the older tag:  jasonbean/guacamole:0.9.14-4

Now that it installed correctly... I can login.

unraid_docker_log.txt

Then I went back in and removed tag...

unraid_docker_log_upgrade.txt

And... can still login with default  'guacadmin'

It looks like something with the 1.0.0 release isn't building the image okay, rather the database.

@kenmaglio I'm sorry, I cannot repeat your problem. It appears the drive you're using for your appdata is on a drive mounted through Unassigned Devices? Theoretically it should work but I have no way and no interest in testing this kind of unorthodox configuration.

Why do you have things configured this way? What file system is your "ssd" drive formatted with?

Edited by Taddeusz
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi, may a question as i installed a mariadb anyway for other application(s), is there a tutorial howto start and setup with mariadb ...

i guess guacamole side its just to modify the credentials in /guacamole/guacamole.properties, but how to start with mariadb ...

db schema etc ... 

if theres something thanks ahead, otherwise, its running perfectly as is ;)

### ok, just followed the instuctions on the guac page and it was pretty straight forward, working ;) and really spared half size ;)

Edited by alturismo
update

@alturismo I haven't written a guide on how to configure MariaDB with the Guacamole schema. I should probably create one. In short you would either install the MySQL Workbench or use the mysql cli command then:

1. Create guacamole database.
  2. Create guacamole database user.
  3. Grant guacamole database user access to the guacamole database.
  4. Run the 001-create-schema.sql and 002-create-admin-user.sql SQL scripts to create all the necessary tables and the default admin user.
  5. Modify your guacamole.properties file with the IP address or hostname of your MySQL/MariaDB server, and guacamole user password (I assume that your database and user are both "guacamole").

To get an idea of the process here is the snippet of scripting code that is used in the Docker:

echo "Creating Guacamole database."
mysql -uroot -e "CREATE DATABASE guacamole"
echo "Creating Guacamole database user."
PW=$(cat /config/guacamole/guacamole.properties | grep -m 1 "mysql-password:\s" | sed 's/mysql-password:\s//')
mysql -uroot -e "CREATE USER 'guacamole'@'localhost' IDENTIFIED BY '$PW'"
echo "Database created. Granting access to 'guacamole' user for localhost."
mysql -uroot -e "GRANT SELECT,INSERT,UPDATE,DELETE ON guacamole.* TO 'guacamole'@'localhost'"
mysql -uroot -e "FLUSH PRIVILEGES"
echo "Creating Guacamole database schema and default admin user."
mysql -uroot guacamole < ${MYSQL_SCHEMA}/001-create-schema.sql
mysql -uroot guacamole < ${MYSQL_SCHEMA}/002-create-admin-user.sql

The container auto-generates a password so this part of the script grabs that password from the guacamole.properties file.

I will work to create a more concise guide. I might even be able to create a script to help manage this and schema updates to an external database.

I am having an issue with Guacamole, where when I am using xrdp and xrdpxorg packages on Linux mint, it is flooding my docker log with:

WaitForSingleObject: unknown handle type 1814165706660780333

This is causing my docker image to fill up in less than 10 minutes.
It will work fine for a while but the end result is this, I have enable docker log rotation now hoping that this will band-aid the issue, but I'm wondering if anyone is similar with this issue and if there is a proper fix.
I am running Linux Mint Cinnamon 19.1, and I've had this occur when using a VM and when running it as HW install.

(I have run it with windows and xubuntu VMs with no issues until i started using it for linux mind)

Log attached below (Replaced IDs with X, probably not necessary but i did)

root@UNRAID-BOSS:~# docker logs Guacamole
Using existing properties file.
No permissions changes needed.
2019-03-21 15:49:38,193 CRIT Set uid to user 0
2019-03-21 15:49:38,194 INFO supervisord started with pid 8
2019-03-21 15:49:39,196 INFO spawned: 'guacd' with pid 11
2019-03-21 15:49:39,197 INFO spawned: 'tomcat8' with pid 12
guacd[11]: INFO:        Guacamole proxy daemon (guacd) version 1.0.0 started
guacd[11]: INFO:        Listening on host 0.0.0.0, port 4822
2019-03-21 15:49:40,215 INFO success: guacd entered RUNNING state, process has stayed up for > than 1 seconds(startsecs)
2019-03-21 15:49:40,215 INFO success: tomcat8 entered RUNNING state, process has stayed up for > than 1 seconds (startsecs)
guacd[11]: INFO:        Creating new client for protocol "rdp"
guacd[11]: INFO:        Connection ID is "XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX"
guacd[70]: INFO:        Security mode: RDP
guacd[70]: INFO:        Resize method: none
guacd[70]: INFO:        User "XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX" joined connection "XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX" (1 users now present)
guacd[70]: INFO:        Loading keymap "base"
guacd[70]: INFO:        Loading keymap "en-us-qwerty"
connected to 192.168.XXX.XXX:3389
guacd[70]: INFO:        guacdr connected.
guacd[70]: INFO:        guacsnd connected.
guacd[70]: INFO:        Accepted format: 16-bit PCM with 2 channels at 44100 Hz
guacd[70]: INFO:        Accepted format: 16-bit PCM with 2 channels at 22050 Hz
guacd[70]: INFO:        Connected to RDPDR 1.12 as client 0x4856dda5
guacd[70]: INFO:        User logged on
guacd[70]: INFO:        All supported devices sent.
guacd[70]: INFO:        Ignoring server capability set type=0x0001, length=44
guacd[70]: INFO:        Ignoring server capability set type=0x0002, length=8
guacd[70]: INFO:        Ignoring server capability set type=0x0003, length=8
guacd[70]: INFO:        Ignoring server capability set type=0x0004, length=8
guacd[70]: INFO:        Ignoring server capability set type=0x0005, length=8
guacd[70]: INFO:        Sending capabilities...
guacd[70]: INFO:        Capabilities sent.
guacd[70]: INFO:        Client ID confirmed
WaitForSingleObject: unknown handle type 3540728909994668320

Edited by jakeaw
Additional Info