[Support] jasonbean - Apache Guacamole

Message added by Taddeusz,

Before upgrading to 1.5.0 you need to have first upgraded to 1.4.0-3 of the container. I discovered that prior to 1.4.0-3 it was not shutting down MariaDB correctly and causing the database to be left in a dirty state.

If after upgrading to 1.5.0 you discover that MariaDB is stopping and the log mentions something about needing to open the database in an older version of MariaDB you should downgrade specifically to 1.4.0-3, start the container and make sure it's running correctly. Then you may upgrade to 1.5.0.

• 1 month later...

Hello,

I'm having the same issues as mentioned page back with the login.

I install the Guacamole with CA without touching anything and it installs and starts ok. I can open the webpage but when I try to login with "guacadmin" it does nothing. I've already tried to reinstall it, reinstall the whole server and try to save the /config on different places (cache/user..). nothing helps and I'm desperate.

The worst thing is that it worked before, I've had the trial version of unraid on a server to try out new hardware but when I switched the flash drive and did a fresh install, I just could get it working. 

Done and done, twice. still stuck at login screen.

also is a there easier way to delete data in appdata and other folders other than using terminal and rm -rf ? I cannot delete them trough SMB as I don't have permission/ownership 

Edit: my guts are telling me that its something to do with the appdata folder and/or the container itself. I've managed to setup owncloud and nginx proxy manager containers without any problems. How do I check if the database is correctly initialized? I've already snooped around the logs but I'm noobie so they don't tell me much. They also had weird permission so I had to download/read them from unraid GUI or terminal and not SMB. 

Edited by Eris
additional informations
On 4/27/2019 at 1:40 PM, Eris said:

Hello,

I'm having the same issues as mentioned page back with the login.

I install the Guacamole with CA without touching anything and it installs and starts ok. I can open the webpage but when I try to login with "guacadmin" it does nothing. I've already tried to reinstall it, reinstall the whole server and try to save the /config on different places (cache/user..). nothing helps and I'm desperate.

The worst thing is that it worked before, I've had the trial version of unraid on a server to try out new hardware but when I switched the flash drive and did a fresh install, I just could get it working. 

Unfortunately, I've never been able to repeat this problem. If you can post your logs after you've attempted logging in (both catalina.out & Docker console log) and your configuration.

@Eris I also need the Docker container log itself. On Unraid's Docker basic view it's the little page icon on the right side of the row. Your guacamole.config would also be very helpful.

I also don't see anywhere you've attempted to log in. In my own log I can see specifically where authentication requests were made.

• 2 months later...

I am having an issue trying to enable TOTP on Guacamole.  I set the flag to 'Y', cleared cache, and got to the TOTP enrollment page.  When I try enrolling the screen snaps and the error "Verification failed. Please try again." shows at the top of the screen.  I have tried resetting the container, trying Google Authenticator and Authy (both on Android FWIW).  I looked at the container logs but cannot seem to find anything that indicates a problem.

After setting the flag to "Y" in the configuration, do I need to edit guacamole.properties?  I cannot seem to figure it out.

Thanks in advanced

Thomas

Screen Shot 2019-07-22 at 10.09.26 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-07-22 at 10.09.46 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-07-22 at 10.13.39 AM.png

Edited by trb037
added screenshots.
4 minutes ago, trb037 said:

Ah - makes sense.  Log file attached.

Looking at the log it looks like a permissions issue, but I am using version 1.0.0 of Guac and unraid/docker states it is up to date.

-Thomas

tomcat.log 68.76 kB · 1 download

Is that the catalina.out file? There should be a folder within the logs folder with this file. There is also a tomcat.log but that just monitors the status of the tomcat service. Not useful for this problem.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm trying to deploy this, works great from inside my network but I use the Linuxserver.io Letsencrypt container for outside access.  I get a 502 Bad Gateway error in that with nothing in any logs.  I am able to ping from my Letsencrypt container to my Guacamole container so I'm not sure what is wrong (I did change the port in both the LE config and Guacamole container as 8080 is in use by another container).  Otherwise the config for LE & Guacamole is the same.  Anyone run into this?

57 minutes ago, shaunmccloud said:

I'm trying to deploy this, works great from inside my network but I use the Linuxserver.io Letsencrypt container for outside access.  I get a 502 Bad Gateway error in that with nothing in any logs.  I am able to ping from my Letsencrypt container to my Guacamole container so I'm not sure what is wrong (I did change the port in both the LE config and Guacamole container as 8080 is in use by another container).  Otherwise the config for LE & Guacamole is the same.  Anyone run into this?

502 ...

u sure u got it correctly addressed ? working fine here behind lsio letsencrypt nginx ...

image.thumb.png.ae56f64120161d0cdc6aa949f07d59a6.png

from nginx conf

proxy_pass http://192.168.1.2:10080;

Edited by alturismo
  • 1 month later...