[Support] jasonbean - Apache Guacamole

Message added by Taddeusz,

Before upgrading to 1.5.0 you need to have first upgraded to 1.4.0-3 of the container. I discovered that prior to 1.4.0-3 it was not shutting down MariaDB correctly and causing the database to be left in a dirty state.

If after upgrading to 1.5.0 you discover that MariaDB is stopping and the log mentions something about needing to open the database in an older version of MariaDB you should downgrade specifically to 1.4.0-3, start the container and make sure it's running correctly. Then you may upgrade to 1.5.0.

Okay, I guess I'm happy enough with the update code now. I had a revelation that the sql update scripts are cumulative so say upgrading from 0.9.13 requires running both the 0.9.14 and 1.0.0 scripts. I'll come up with a better way to do this but for now this is what I have. If someone can come up with a more elegant way to do this feel free to submit a pull request and I'll check it out.

I'm still trying to figure out if there's a way I could provide database updates when using the nomariadb container.

As always, please let me know if you have any problems.

16 hours ago, Taddeusz said:

Okay, I guess I'm happy enough with the update code now. I had a revelation that the sql update scripts are cumulative so say upgrading from 0.9.13 requires running both the 0.9.14 and 1.0.0 scripts. I'll come up with a better way to do this but for now this is what I have. If someone can come up with a more elegant way to do this feel free to submit a pull request and I'll check it out.

I'm still trying to figure out if there's a way I could provide database updates when using the nomariadb container.

As always, please let me know if you have any problems.

Works like a charm for me! Saw that you added the OpenID-fix to firstrun.sh as well and it worked!

- Thanks!

10 minutes ago, nuhll said:

I would like to rename or disable guacadmin, how to do so? 

I cant even seem to be able to change the standard password, it just says permission denied.. xD

I would think that the user you're trying to do this with would need the proper permissions: Administer system, Create new users, etc.

Just now, nuhll said:

Okay, if ound the problem.

You NEED to be logged in as the 2. user before you can change the guacadmin account (you cant change your own password it seems)

You can change your own password if you have the “can change own password” permission. The guacadmin account should be able to change its own password unless you removed that permission.

6 minutes ago, Taddeusz said:

@nuhll Have you tried logging in as guacadmin and then going to Settings and then Preferences? You can change the password there.

The screen i shared IS while logged into GUACADMIN.

When i log into my 2. user i can change the password of guacadmin tho, but this is very unintuitive... ;) 

Edited by nuhll
Just now, nuhll said:

The screen i shared IS while logged into GUACADMIN.

When i log into my 2. user i can change the password of guacadmin tho, but this is very unintuitive... ;) 

To change the logged in user’s password you have to go to the Preferences tab. It makes sense for security purposes so someone can’t blindly change the logged in user’s password without knowing their current password.

4 minutes ago, Taddeusz said:

To change the logged in user’s password you have to go to the Preferences tab. It makes sense for security purposes so someone can’t blindly change the logged in user’s password without knowing their current password.

Actually this doenst make any sense, but when i k now it i can work with that.

You cant change your own password because of security reasons if you dont know your own password, but you can change all other passwords without knowing theirs... xD

anyway, thanks for the help, i simply disabled the guacadmin. :)

One question: i added the SSH from unraid to this app, but sadly right click paste doenst work... any idea? (in the http terminal this works)

Edited by nuhll
Just now, nuhll said:

Actually this doenst make any sense, but when i k now it i can work with that.

You cant change your own password because of security reasons if you dont know your own password, but you can change all other passwords without knowing theirs... xD

I see your point but if the logged in user is not an admin then it makes perfect sense. If you’re in an environment where security is a more serious concern walking away from your desk while logged in as admin is the real problem.

1 minute ago, Taddeusz said:

I see your point but if the logged in user is not an admin then it makes perfect sense. If you’re in an environment where security is a more serious concern walking away from your desk while logged in as admin is the real problem.

Yes, that makes sense. Youre right. Any idea about right click paste?

1 minute ago, nuhll said:

No.

I added the SSH from unraid to guacamole. 

But i cant right click paste in the window, like i could if i used the http ssh terminal from unraid.

Press shift-ctrl-alt on your keyboard and paste whatever you need into the Clipboard text box. Then you can right click in the terminal and it will paste.