[Support] jasonbean - Apache Guacamole

Message added by Taddeusz,

Before upgrading to 1.5.0 you need to have first upgraded to 1.4.0-3 of the container. I discovered that prior to 1.4.0-3 it was not shutting down MariaDB correctly and causing the database to be left in a dirty state.

If after upgrading to 1.5.0 you discover that MariaDB is stopping and the log mentions something about needing to open the database in an older version of MariaDB you should downgrade specifically to 1.4.0-3, start the container and make sure it's running correctly. Then you may upgrade to 1.5.0.

3 minutes ago, nuhll said:

Is there no workaround or setting to have the same "workflow" as if i would run the terminal via http from unraid?

I was going to ask what browser you're using. As @alturismo said it works under Chrome. Safari doesn't seem to give the same kind of access to the system clipboard so you have to manually paste into Clipboard input box.

3 minutes ago, nuhll said:

Yes i have chrome and no i didnt changed anything besides "SSH" "IP" "PORT" "USER" "PASSWORD". :)

But it never asked for any permissions!?

Click on the lock to the left of the address and there should be an option there to allow the site to access your clipboard.

14 minutes ago, gshlomi said:

Hi

Anyway to make file transfers work when using Guacamole to connect via VNC to a Windows VM on the server?

The VM is on an isolated network, so no access to the server shares or switching to RDP is possible...

Thanks

You would need to be running an SFTP server on your Windows VM for that to work.

On 7/23/2020 at 12:43 AM, Taddeusz said:

You would need to be running an SFTP server on your Windows VM for that to work.

Even if I run an SFTP server on my Windows VM, it's IP address is in a range that Guacamole can't reach (it's on an isolated network).

Or am I missing anything?

14 hours ago, gshlomi said:

Even if I run an SFTP server on my Windows VM, it's IP address is in a range that Guacamole can't reach (it's on an isolated network).

Or am I missing anything?

For Guacamole's VNC file transfer to work it's going to need to be able to talk to the remote directly. This won't be possible with your virtual network configuration and I don't know how to work around that. I need to be able to access my VM's directly so I don't have it configured that way.

• 1 month later...
11 minutes ago, nuhll said:

Thanks for this docker, just a small question, would it possible to throw fail2ban into the docker? It seems like you can try unlimited passwords...

Are you using the letsencrypt docker for reverse proxy? It includes fail2ban and has a filter for Guacamole. It’s possible the filter needs updated for your configuration.

No im not using, i try to use not so many dockers. Woudlnt it make sense to include fail2ban direct into your docker? Bc then i wouldnt need another 2? programs running and you know, more running things, more possible bugs/exploits

maybe just add it as an option for ppl who dont want to use another thing infront of guacamole? like fail2ban = true or false standard might be false

Edited by nuhll
8 minutes ago, nuhll said:

No im not using, i try to use not so many dockers. Woudlnt it make sense to include fail2ban direct into your docker? Bc then i wouldnt need another 2? programs running

I will look into it. This is already a pretty huge container. While I do sympathize with your situation, given its size I'm hesitant to add more functionality that isn't core to Guacamole and can be provided another way.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/26/2020 at 2:21 PM, dafonehacker said:

Did anyone get the WOL functionality to work in this image? It doesn't seem to work for me...

I've personally never used the WOL functionality and don't have a way to test it. It looks like the Guacamole container needs to be in bridge mode for WOL to work correctly.

Thank you, it is up and running and I get it to work perfect with RDP and SSH, but I am not able to connect trough VNC, tried multiple host and all I get is this:

The remote desktop server is currently unreachable. If the problem persists, please notify your system administrator, or check your system logs.

I dont have permissions to read anything inside appdata\apache-guacamole\log\tomcat9.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,

Question, is there a way to turn off proxy buffering in the docker container?

Or where can we find this?

location /guacamole/ {

proxy_pass http://HOSTNAME:8080/guacamole/;

proxy_buffering off;

proxy_http_version 1.1;

proxy_set_header X-Forwarded-For $proxy_add_x_forwarded_for;

proxy_set_header Upgrade $http_upgrade;

proxy_set_header Connection $http_connection;

access_log off; }

Thanks in advanced

32 minutes ago, DrDirtyDevil said:

guacemole keeps freezing on me in windows RDP after about 20 seconds it tries to reconnect session. any idea why ? im using nginx proxy manager to get to it.

What web browser are you using? You need to make sure that websockets are being proxied correctly. You can look in the Tomcat logs to check or if you’re using Chrome through the developer tools.