[Support] jasonbean - Apache Guacamole

Message added by Taddeusz,

Before upgrading to 1.5.0 you need to have first upgraded to 1.4.0-3 of the container. I discovered that prior to 1.4.0-3 it was not shutting down MariaDB correctly and causing the database to be left in a dirty state.

If after upgrading to 1.5.0 you discover that MariaDB is stopping and the log mentions something about needing to open the database in an older version of MariaDB you should downgrade specifically to 1.4.0-3, start the container and make sure it's running correctly. Then you may upgrade to 1.5.0.

im trying to access guacamole from the internet and somehow i cant get it to work.

im using swag as a reverse proxy and with spacesinvaders tutorial i´ve enabled DNS authentication with cloudflare.

it works with other dockers but i cant get guacamole to work. :(

any Ideas?

image.png.a3513c1e69868a9c0a529e7e4c3a2687.png

well its working when i portforward the used port and use my IP... i can access it without any problems. 

and other dockers work with swag without any problems.  so i guess something is missing. but i cant change anything else in swag, thats why i thing it must be in guacamole it selfe...

4 minutes ago, stFfn said:

well its working when i portforward the used port and use my IP... i can access it without any problems. 

and other dockers work with swag without any problems.  so i guess something is missing. but i cant change anything else in swag, thats why i thing it must be in guacamole it selfe...

and when you port forward, can you access guacanole by http://yourdomain.de:8080 ?

@stFfn The error you’re getting has to do with DNS. It stands for “non-existent domain”. Somewhere it’s misconfigured. I would recommend trying with a CNAME and point to your primary A record. In fact, for my domain I use Cloudflare. All my hostnames are CNAME to my primary A record which gets updated when my IP changes. It is my only A record.

Edited by Taddeusz

in my last post i said i have not a record.. i meant no cname... 

my domain has nothing behind it. if you go to my domain there is nothing to load. im only using subdomains.

i have a static internet IP so i dont need a dyndns that i could forward to with cname...

the guacamole.domain.de is definitly set on cloudflare and it has an a record to my Internet IP like all the other dockers that work.

every other docker works except for guacamole... thats why im asking here.

Just now, stFfn said:

in my last post i said i have not a record.. i meant no cname... 

my domain has nothing behind it. if you go to my domain there is nothing to load. im only using subdomains.

i have a static internet IP so i dont need a dyndns that i could forward to with cname...

the guacamole.domain.de is definitly set on cloudflare and it has an a record to my Internet IP like all the other dockers that work.

every other docker works except for guacamole... thats why im asking here.

It’s definitely not an issue specific to this Docker container. Something is wrong with your DNS if that’s the error you’re getting.

4 minutes ago, Taddeusz said:

I don’t know. It’s either that or you mistyped your domain name in the address bar. Only way Chrome would give you that specific error.

there is no typo because i always copy past when doing stuff like that to prevent mistakes.

and somehow im getting this error today...

image.thumb.png.4fbe5163e660d876bbb1974a19481c1c.png

5 minutes ago, stFfn said:

there is no typo because i always copy past when doing stuff like that to prevent mistakes.

and somehow im getting this error today...

image.thumb.png.4fbe5163e660d876bbb1974a19481c1c.png

That means your reverse proxy isn’t working. As far as I know the Docker DNS that Swag uses only works for a custom network type. Not for br0. On mine I had to point it to my Unraid server’s IP address and Guacamole port.

26 minutes ago, stFfn said:

other dockers work fine. so the reverse Proxy (swag) is working.....  and yes you have to set a network for the docker to work. it even shows on the screenshot a few posts back (proxynet)...

image.png

To use proxynet the name needs to be all lowercase and use that in the proxy conf file.

That being said, I think you might have problems connecting to VM’s, if you use them, with Guacamole on proxynet. That’s the reason mine runs on br0.

Edited by Taddeusz

i have a windows VM that im connecting to and with that i have full connection to everything.

and guacamole runs locally without a problem on this network. and as i mentioned countless times before. ALL OTHER Dockers work with this network and the configuration of cloudflare and DNS auth...