[Support] jasonbean - Apache Guacamole

Message added by Taddeusz,

Before upgrading to 1.5.0 you need to have first upgraded to 1.4.0-3 of the container. I discovered that prior to 1.4.0-3 it was not shutting down MariaDB correctly and causing the database to be left in a dirty state.

If after upgrading to 1.5.0 you discover that MariaDB is stopping and the log mentions something about needing to open the database in an older version of MariaDB you should downgrade specifically to 1.4.0-3, start the container and make sure it's running correctly. Then you may upgrade to 1.5.0.

2 minutes ago, glidekirkland said:

I figured it out! Changing the chmod permission from 0775 to 0777 fixes the mariadb issue. But I don't get why the container needs the directories to have 0777 permissions?

- name: Create guacamole directories

file: "path={{ item }} state=directory mode=0775 owner={{ user.name }} group={{ user.name }} recurse=yes"

with_items:

- /opt/guacamole

- /opt/guacamole/config

- name: Reset guacamole directories

file: "path={{ item }} state=directory mode=0775 owner={{ user.name }} group={{ user.name }} recurse=yes"

with_items:

- /opt/guacamole

Unsure, I'll try and investigate. What is your environment? OS/version, etc?

Ubuntu 18.04 LTS on private server with public IP. 4GB RAM, 4 core intel CPU. Created a new user called "seed" separate from root that did all my installations on for obvious security reasons.

Server: Docker Engine - Community

Engine:

Version:          19.03.13

API version:      1.40 (minimum version 1.12)

Go version:       go1.13.15

Not sure if you need anything else.

1 hour ago, glidekirkland said:

Ubuntu 18.04 LTS on private server with public IP. 4GB RAM, 4 core intel CPU. Created a new user called "seed" separate from root that did all my installations on for obvious security reasons.

Server: Docker Engine - Community

Engine:

Version:          19.03.13

API version:      1.40 (minimum version 1.12)

Go version:       go1.13.15

Not sure if you need anything else.

It's been a while since I've run Ubuntu. Did you install docker through snap or did you install it separately?

47 minutes ago, Taddeusz said:

@glidekirkland I've not been able to reproduce your problem. Are you running your Docker daemon in rootless mode so that the docker daemon itself is not running as root?

docker is not being run in rootless mode.

I asked someone else on the discord im on that manages the cloudbox repo that i'm using, and the guy who is much more of an expert on docker than me says the reason the docker image is having problems is because: "the images don’t support specifying a user/group on the host for file ownership." I'm not sure exactly what this means but I'm sure you have a better idea.

Can you make that fix?

Edited by glidekirkland

@glidekirkland Ok, I've pushed out a new version, not yet made it "latest". Change your repository to "jasonbean/guacamole:1.2.0-2" or "jasonbean/guacamole:1.2.0-2-nomariadb" and then add the PUID and PGID variables with your required values. If you don't set the variables they will default to the Unraid "nobody" user values of PUID=99 and PGID=100.