Jump to content
Taddeusz

[Support] jasonbean - Apache Guacamole

288 posts in this topic Last Reply

Recommended Posts

I made a small update to add the Powerline fonts so that the agnoster theme in the Oh My Zsh package will display properly.

Share this post


Link to post

Sorry if this is covered somewhere, but where does one start with this docker? I'm a noob to guac and have no clue how to configure it. I searched and there is almost no posts about setting this up and I don't know where else to look. everyone participating in this thread seems to have this setup, but where did they find that info?

 

After installing the docker and loging on with the username: USERNAME and password:PASSWORD I get the following error.

"CONNECTION ERROR The remote desktop server is currently unreachable. If the problem persists, please notify your system administrator, or check your system logs."

 

what am I missing? what needs to setup? 

Share this post


Link to post

hi, may someone has an idea why my 1 rdp doesnt seem to work anymore, all i see in logs are

 

RDP from laptop to this PC - works

RDP from guacamole to laptop - works

RDP to this PC - not anymore (worked before, but some time till i last used it ...), see below log ... no idea what could be the reason ... quits immediately.

 

this PC is a local VM on unraid.

 

for any tips, thanks ahead.

 

Dec 28 21:42:30 1389da4bd042 guacd[66]: Creating new client for protocol "rdp"
Dec 28 21:42:30 1389da4bd042 guacd[66]: Connection ID is "$5426864f-68eb-468b-bd93-16dcf442992e"
Dec 28 21:42:30 1389da4bd042 guacd[433]: No security mode specified. Defaulting to RDP.
Dec 28 21:42:30 1389da4bd042 guacd[433]: Resize method: none
Dec 28 21:42:30 1389da4bd042 guacd[433]: User "@f7d9d9d0-316f-48bc-b678-1e13276b3e83" joined connection "$5426864f-68eb-468b-bd93-16dcf442992e" (1 users now present)
Dec 28 21:42:30 1389da4bd042 guacd[433]: Loading keymap "base"
Dec 28 21:42:30 1389da4bd042 guacd[433]: Loading keymap "en-us-qwerty"
Dec 28 21:42:30 1389da4bd042 guacd[433]: guacdr connected.
Dec 28 21:42:30 1389da4bd042 guacd[433]: guacsnd connected.
Dec 28 21:42:30 1389da4bd042 guacd[433]: Error handling RDP file descriptors
Dec 28 21:42:30 1389da4bd042 guacd[433]: User "@f7d9d9d0-316f-48bc-b678-1e13276b3e83" disconnected (0 users remain)
Dec 28 21:42:30 1389da4bd042 guacd[433]: Last user of connection "$5426864f-68eb-468b-bd93-16dcf442992e" disconnected
Dec 28 21:42:30 1389da4bd042 guacd[66]: Connection "$5426864f-68eb-468b-bd93-16dcf442992e" removed.

Share this post


Link to post

as i gave up for now with rdp on that mashine, i switched to vnc protocol now.

 

may i ask about the file transfer via sftp if anyone using this ?

 

i can open the file browser in the panel, upload files there, but when i want to download them to the vnc connected mashine ... ?

when i double click the file in the panel it gets downloaded to the local mashine again ... ;)

same would be now, how can i upload from vnc mashine to the sftp drive ? as i cannot drag anything outside the remote window ...

 

for any tips thanks ahead

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)

Sorry for my delay in response. The holidays were pretty busy for my family.

 

For my own Windows machines under the Authentication settings in the Guacamole connection I've had to specify NLA for the Security Mode and check to ignore the server certificate. Otherwise it won't connect.

Edited by Taddeusz

Share this post


Link to post

thanks for the tip, didnt help tough ...

 

i gave up meanwhile and stick with vnc for now, i guess its because i use the latest Insider preview windows release ...

its the only real change here, even its working nice with windows to windows rdp. nevermind for now as i also cant go back to 1709 ;)

Share this post


Link to post

I have Guac working pretty well. Before I expose the login to the web, is there a way to get the web server to use SSL?

Share this post


Link to post
9 minutes ago, testtubetony said:

I have Guac working pretty well. Before I expose the login to the web, is there a way to get the web server to use SSL?

 

Not that I'm aware of. You would need to proxy it with Apache or Nginx. I use the Let's Encrypt docker to provide a free cert.

Share this post


Link to post

I am unable to make this work. so i installed the docker to port 8080 and I am able to access the web interface. the username: guacadmin and password: guacadmin give the error

"invalid logon".

 

the username: USERNAME and password: PASSWORD give a "connection error"

 

I'm not having any luck getting this working. There seems to be no logs in the appdata folder for this docker. Can somebody please help me?

Share this post


Link to post
13 minutes ago, smaka510 said:

I am unable to make this work. so i installed the docker to port 8080 and I am able to access the web interface. the username: guacadmin and password: guacadmin give the error

"invalid logon".

 

the username: USERNAME and password: PASSWORD give a "connection error"

 

I'm not having any luck getting this working. There seems to be no logs in the appdata folder for this docker. Can somebody please help me?

 

Do you have the OPT_MYSQL set to "Y"?

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, Taddeusz said:

 

Do you have the OPT_MYSQL set to "Y"?

 

I gave up on this particular docker and started using another Guacamole docker. All is well now.

Edited by smaka510

Share this post


Link to post
18 hours ago, smaka510 said:

 

I gave up on this particular docker and started using another Guacamole docker. All is well now.

 

I'm sorry to hear about your problems. If you need further help more detailed logs will be required to determine what is going on.

Share this post


Link to post

It appears that Guacamole has left the Apache Incubator stage and has been accepted as a full blown Apache project. Version 0.9.14 has been released. Neither of these affect me personally but the most notable changes are support for OpenID and, surprising to me, Microsoft SQL Server support.

 

In the coming week or so I'll be working on upgrading this docker and adding support for the new plugins. I will try and test support for SQL Server to ensure it is working. At this point I'm unsure how involved SQL Support will be for this docker. However, I will try and make it as easy as the built-in MySQL.

 

If any of these features interest you please be patient. This new version may take some time to integrate.

Share this post


Link to post
On 1/20/2018 at 10:54 AM, Taddeusz said:

It appears that Guacamole has left the Apache Incubator stage and has been accepted as a full blown Apache project. Version 0.9.14 has been released. Neither of these affect me personally but the most notable changes are support for OpenID and, surprising to me, Microsoft SQL Server support.

 

In the coming week or so I'll be working on upgrading this docker and adding support for the new plugins. I will try and test support for SQL Server to ensure it is working. At this point I'm unsure how involved SQL Support will be for this docker. However, I will try and make it as easy as the built-in MySQL.

 

If any of these features interest you please be patient. This new version may take some time to integrate.

 

Thank you for the update. Looking forward to trying the new version and features

Share this post


Link to post

Ok, the update is in.

 

This was a huge change for me. I learned about multi-stage Docker builds and converted this project to one. The result is a slight 32MB reduction in size for the image. Unfortunately due to the dependencies for Tomcat and the Guacamole server itself, guacd, this image can't be reduced in size by any more. I may play with switching to a different base container for further reductions but don't hold your breath waiting.

 

Microsoft SQL Server support is included. However, IMHO, it should be not be considered ready for production. I'll say it works when it works but for whatever reason the database is easily corrupted. I had to re-create the database a couple times during testing and I eventually just gave up and focused on other areas. Supporting SQL Server is going to me a manual process just like LDAP. Since SQL Server credentials are required I don't want to be responsible for handling those. If you desire using SQL Server it is up to you to manually create and in the future upgrade the database. I tried to figure out how to make this more hands-off but the liability is just too high.

 

All that said, have at it!

Share this post


Link to post

BTW, if, for whatever reason, you choose not to upgrade or wish to downgrade you may use the tag ":0.9.13". Unfortunately, my build process wasn't established well enough until after I had created the 0.9.13 version so that is the oldest image available. The 0.9.13 image is updated so that it can detect a downgrade and will not attempt to "upgrade" the database in that case.

Share this post


Link to post
12 hours ago, Taddeusz said:

BTW, if, for whatever reason, you choose not to upgrade or wish to downgrade you may use the tag ":0.9.13". Unfortunately, my build process wasn't established well enough until after I had created the 0.9.13 version so that is the oldest image available. The 0.9.13 image is updated so that it can detect a downgrade and will not attempt to "upgrade" the database in that case.

 

I updated and says i'm still on 0.9.13?

Share this post


Link to post
8 hours ago, jrdnlc said:

 

I updated and says i'm still on 0.9.13?

 

What does the Docker log say? It should have a line something like this:

guacd[63]: INFO:	Guacamole proxy daemon (guacd) version 0.9.14 started

I've noticed that the login screen is not always accurate. I'm not sure why but always right after upgrading the version in the lower right of the window always says the old version. I think it has to do with the browser cache. After a bit it starts showing the correct version number.

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Taddeusz said:

 

What does the Docker log say? It should have a line something like this:


guacd[63]: INFO:	Guacamole proxy daemon (guacd) version 0.9.14 started

I've noticed that the login screen is not always accurate. I'm not sure why but always right after upgrading the version in the lower right of the window always says the old version. I think it has to do with the browser cache. After a bit it starts showing the correct version number.

 

You're right I see it did upgrade to the newer version. I also found these error in the logs

 

Jan 26 05:10:53 6341441d098f mysqld: 2018-01-26 5:10:55 22372485326592 [Warning] Failed to load slave replication state from table mysql.gtid_slave_pos: 1146: Table 'mysql.gtid_slave_pos' doesn't exist

Jan 26 05:10:53 6341441d098f mysqld: 2018-01-26 5:10:56 22371771131648 [Note] InnoDB: Buffer pool(s) load completed at 180126 5:10:56
Jan 26 05:10:53 6341441d098f mysqld: 2018-01-26 5:10:56 22372650723520 [Note] Server socket created on IP: '127.0.0.1'.
Jan 26 05:10:53 6341441d098f mysqld: 2018-01-26 5:10:56 22372650723520 [ERROR] Missing system table mysql.roles_mapping; please run mysql_upgrade to create it

Jan 26 05:10:53 6341441d098f mysqld: 2018-01-26 5:10:56 22372149520128 [Warning] Failed to load slave replication state from table mysql.gtid_slave_pos: 1146: Table 'mysql.gtid_slave_pos' doesn't exist

Jan 26 05:10:53 6341441d098f mysqld: 2018-01-26 5:10:56 22372650723520 [Note] Reading of all Master_info entries succeded
Jan 26 05:10:53 6341441d098f mysqld: 2018-01-26 5:10:56 22372650723520 [Note] Added new Master_info '' to hash table
Jan 26 05:10:53 6341441d098f mysqld: 2018-01-26 5:10:56 22372650723520 [Note] /usr/sbin/mysqld: ready for connections.
Jan 26 05:10:53 6341441d098f mysqld: Version: '10.2.12-MariaDB-10.2.12+maria~xenial-log' socket: '/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock' port: 3306 mariadb.org binary distribution

Jan 26 05:10:53 6341441d098f mysqld: 2018-01-26 5:10:58 22371762726656 [ERROR] InnoDB: Table `mysql`.`innodb_table_stats` not found.

 

Edited by jrdnlc

Share this post


Link to post

I noticed that too when it initially did the database upgrade but no errors upon future restarts of the container.

Share this post


Link to post

After upgrading the image it appears Tomcat8 fails to start for me:

 

*** Running /etc/my_init.d/firstrun.sh...                                                                                                                                                         
Using existing properties file.                                                                                                                                                                   
Using existing MySQL extension.                                                                                                                                                                   
Using existing LDAP extension.                                                                                                                                                                    
Removing Duo extension.                                                                                                                                                                           
No permissions changes needed.                                                                                                                                                                    
*** Running /etc/rc.local...                                                                                                                                                                      
 * Starting Tomcat servlet engine tomcat8                                                                                                                                                         
   ...fail!                                                                                                                                                                                       
guacd[69]: INFO:        Guacamole proxy daemon (guacd) version 0.9.14 started                                                                                                                     
Starting guacd: SUCCESS                                                                                                                                                                           
*** Booting runit daemon...                                                                                                                                                                       
*** Runit started as PID 71                                                                                                                                                                       
Database exists.                                                                                                                                                                                  
Database upgrade not needed.                                                                                                                                                                      
Starting MariaDB...                                                                                                                                                                               
Feb  2 01:41:56 fde73931d74c syslog-ng[81]: syslog-ng starting up; version='3.5.6'                                                                                                                
180202 01:41:56 mysqld_safe Logging to '/config/databases/fde73931d74c.err'.                                                                                                                      
180202 01:41:56 mysqld_safe Starting mysqld daemon with databases from /config/databases

catalina.out has a bunch of errors about jar files for Tomcat8 being missing in 

 

/usr/share/tomcat8/lib

 

which contains a bunch of symlinks to jar files in

 

/usr/share/java

 

which does not appear to exist within my container.  The entire directory just isn't there.

 

Can you guys help?  I love this docker btw.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
25 minutes ago, napalmyourmom said:

After upgrading the image it appears Tomcat8 fails to start for me:

 


*** Running /etc/my_init.d/firstrun.sh...                                                                                                                                                         
Using existing properties file.                                                                                                                                                                   
Using existing MySQL extension.                                                                                                                                                                   
Using existing LDAP extension.                                                                                                                                                                    
Removing Duo extension.                                                                                                                                                                           
No permissions changes needed.                                                                                                                                                                    
*** Running /etc/rc.local...                                                                                                                                                                      
 * Starting Tomcat servlet engine tomcat8                                                                                                                                                         
   ...fail!                                                                                                                                                                                       
guacd[69]: INFO:        Guacamole proxy daemon (guacd) version 0.9.14 started                                                                                                                     
Starting guacd: SUCCESS                                                                                                                                                                           
*** Booting runit daemon...                                                                                                                                                                       
*** Runit started as PID 71                                                                                                                                                                       
Database exists.                                                                                                                                                                                  
Database upgrade not needed.                                                                                                                                                                      
Starting MariaDB...                                                                                                                                                                               
Feb  2 01:41:56 fde73931d74c syslog-ng[81]: syslog-ng starting up; version='3.5.6'                                                                                                                
180202 01:41:56 mysqld_safe Logging to '/config/databases/fde73931d74c.err'.                                                                                                                      
180202 01:41:56 mysqld_safe Starting mysqld daemon with databases from /config/databases

catalina.out has a bunch of errors about jar files for Tomcat8 being missing in 

 

/usr/share/tomcat8/lib

 

which contains a bunch of symlinks to jar files in

 

/usr/share/java

 

which does not appear to exist within my container.  The entire directory just isn't there.

 

Can you guys help?  I love this docker btw.

 

 

 

Try stopping your Guacamole container and then browse to your config folder. Go to the guacamole extensions folder and delete all the jar files. Then go to the lib folder and also delete all the jar files. Finally restart the container. It will copy the needed extensions and library files when it starts.

 

I'll need to put better logic in for the library files.

Share this post


Link to post
Feb 01, 2018 9:41:13 PM org.apache.catalina.startup.ClassLoaderFactory validateFile
WARNING: Problem with JAR file [/usr/share/tomcat8/lib/commons-dbcp.jar], exists: [false], canRead: [false]
Feb 01, 2018 9:41:13 PM org.apache.catalina.startup.ClassLoaderFactory validateFile
WARNING: Problem with JAR file [/usr/share/tomcat8/lib/commons-pool.jar], exists: [false], canRead: [false]
Feb 01, 2018 9:41:13 PM org.apache.catalina.startup.ClassLoaderFactory validateFile
WARNING: Problem with directory [/usr/share/tomcat8/common/classes], exists: [false], isDirectory: [false], canRead: [false]
Feb 01, 2018 9:41:13 PM org.apache.catalina.startup.ClassLoaderFactory validateFile
WARNING: Problem with directory [/usr/share/tomcat8/common], exists: [false], isDirectory: [false], canRead: [false]
Feb 01, 2018 9:41:13 PM org.apache.catalina.startup.ClassLoaderFactory validateFile
WARNING: Problem with directory [/usr/share/tomcat8/server/classes], exists: [false], isDirectory: [false], canRead: [false]
Feb 01, 2018 9:41:13 PM org.apache.catalina.startup.ClassLoaderFactory validateFile
WARNING: Problem with directory [/usr/share/tomcat8/server], exists: [false], isDirectory: [false], canRead: [false]
Feb 01, 2018 9:41:13 PM org.apache.catalina.startup.ClassLoaderFactory validateFile
WARNING: Problem with directory [/usr/share/tomcat8/shared/classes], exists: [false], isDirectory: [false], canRead: [false]
Feb 01, 2018 9:41:13 PM org.apache.catalina.startup.ClassLoaderFactory validateFile
WARNING: Problem with directory [/usr/share/tomcat8/shared], exists: [false], isDirectory: [false], canRead: [false]
Feb 01, 2018 9:41:14 PM org.apache.catalina.startup.VersionLoggerListener log
INFO: Server version:        Apache Tomcat/8.0.32 (Ubuntu)
Feb 01, 2018 9:41:14 PM org.apache.catalina.startup.VersionLoggerListener log
INFO: Server built:          Sep 27 2017 21:23:18 UTC
Feb 01, 2018 9:41:14 PM org.apache.catalina.startup.VersionLoggerListener log
INFO: Server number:         8.0.32.0
Feb 01, 2018 9:41:14 PM org.apache.catalina.startup.VersionLoggerListener log
INFO: OS Name:               Linux
"catalina.out" 609 lines, 72466 characters

Thanks for the quick response @Taddeusz. It appears to have partially worked.  Now the files in the list above are still missing. 

 

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now