permission issue on cache drive

razr37

Hello,

All of the sudden I cannot modify anything in my cache drive due to permissions.

I already ran the Docker Safe New Perms and it did'nt fix it.

Enclosed is a picture of the dockers installed, since I suspect one of them is causing the issue.

Thank you in advance for your help.

You can't modify what exactly?  A file downloaded and then moved?  Usually you can look for an option to set the permissions on files within the clients.  Set it to 777.  Or it just be issues with the file system on the cache drive.  Hard to tell without diagnostics for that one.

Maybe silly question but did you change the share permission settings / password etc? Do you use the Ransomware protection plugin too?

Can you ssh into the server and edit the file using mc?

I did not change permissions or settings. As a matter of fact, I think the permission issue started after I installed the Ransomware protection plugin. If that is the case, what should I do?

Yes, I can edit the files using mc.

You say you can edit files on cache with mc. Are you going directly to the cache drive or to a user share?

When you say you can't edit files, do you mean over the network? Same question, are you going directly to the cache drive or to a user share?

Filesystem corruption has been known to cause issues with user shares, so if you are having an issue with a user share, it might be worth checking filesystem on each drive.