Switch systems?

AT0MAC

I have a Z77 MSI motherboard with a G2030 CPU, 8GB Kingston DDR3 RAM, a 128 GB Toshiba SSD Cache, 2+2+3+4TB Hitachi drives an old ATX case, lots of noise fans and a X400 passive 400Watt Seasonic PSU. Build from parts I have scrapped from other computers in the house.

Problem with it is its very noise, most likely to the bad chassis of the case and all the loud fans. I have many times considering taking care of that, but then again, its always nice to try new hardware too.

The CPU is very low in performance, but this is only a dumb storage server not doing anything fancy at the moment, have another rig for that.

I was looking up cases, witch lead me to think of new hardware too....

How do this system sound to you, could it be a good low noise unraid build? ::

CPUIntel i3 7100T

CPU Cooler

Be Quiet Advanced C1

Motherboard

Asus Prime B250M-C

RAM

Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB

Case

Nanoxia Deep Silence 2

Fans

120x4 + 140x2 Corsair ML120/140

PSU

Seasonic X400 Gold 400Watt

Because I already have the PSU and drives, this build will not end up being very costly, when I look around the best alternative would be a 4 bay NAS from one of the big box names, unraid just lets me do so many more things and its way more expandable as I already have 4 drives+ cache

I don't have experience with the components you've linked, but some general comments.  The CPU cooler can handle a 180w chip, and you're putting it on a 35w TDP part.  If it's worthwhile because it's quiet, that's great - otherwise it's overkill.  I'm not generally a fan of the low power "T" chips, but they do run cooler...  Also the RAM you've selected is high end overclocking RAM, I hope you aren't planning on overclocking your server.

The general thing about low noise is that you have a well designed case and good fans, as well as a hard drive mounting system that provides some isolation.  Fans include case fans, CPU fan, and PSU fan.  Check the reviews and specialty sites like Silent PC Review.

I don't have experience with the components you've linked, but some general comments.  The CPU cooler can handle a 180w chip, and you're putting it on a 35w TDP part.  If it's worthwhile because it's quiet, that's great - otherwise it's overkill.  I'm not generally a fan of the low power "T" chips, but they do run cooler...  Also the RAM you've selected is high end overclocking RAM, I hope you aren't planning on overclocking your server.

The general thing about low noise is that you have a well designed case and good fans, as well as a hard drive mounting system that provides some isolation.  Fans include case fans, CPU fan, and PSU fan.  Check the reviews and specialty sites like Silent PC Review.

I do actually already have a CPU cooler fit for low TDP CPUs, so can skip that off the list.

Also, I am thinking of modifying my Silverstone DS380 which I originally put on stock, because it was heating up my drives too much.

If I re-use that case I need new hardware, because I don't have a ITX board available.

No I dont plan on OC the build, but at my favorite store these are actually the cheapest DDR4 RAM available right now

I am using normal hardware and not servergrade, because I dont have high requirements, right now Im thinking of an ASRock H110M-ITX motherboard, already own 2 other ASrock based machines and they are reliable like a rock