Included and excluded disks for cache pool?

I have two drives in my cache pool (ssd and hdd, also set with jbod) I want all of my appdata and my docker image to stay on my ssd, where it currently is, and have my downloads go to the hdd. I had planned on using the include exclude area to do this but doesn't seem to be an option. So am I missing something or am I just going to have to use the unassigned devices to achieve this?

There is no "excluded area" option..

You could use the unassigned devices option, but if it really is for downloads you could use a user share on the array... write speed is more then fast enough for downloads.. That way you can put VM/docker on SSD and downloads on the protected part of the array.

I am talking about the excluded area in a share, sorry if I didn't make that clear. I have the share set to cache only I was wanting to have downloads go to only one disk in my cache pool. Also I don't really care about my downloads being protected. They get moved to the array right after they are done anyways.

There is no "excluded area" option..

You could use the unassigned devices option, but if it really is for downloads you could use a user share on the array... write speed is more then fast enough for downloads.. That way you can put VM/docker on SSD and downloads on the protected part of the array.

I am talking about the excluded area in a share, sorry if I didn't make that clear. I have the share set to cache only I was wanting to have downloads go to only one disk in my cache pool. Also I don't really care about my downloads being protected. They get moved to the array right after they are done anyways.

I get that... just saying that you will also get what you want if you use a user share on the array for the downloads.. I know you dont need them to be protected, but it doesn't seem to hurt anything if they are..

As said, if you absoluytely do not -want- them protected then unassigned device would work. Personally I think it is a great piece of software but I do not use if because it  is not an integral part of unraid.. And unassigned devices would be such a base part of my way of using the system that I am reluctant to start using it.. If it somehow stopped working limetech would not fix it since it is a 3rd party plugin..

You cannot JBOD in the cache pool so I guess you might have gotten things confused. Please post screenshot of your set up.

I would not mix ssd and hdd in cache pool. It would just make the ssd slower and limit the capacity of the HDD for no reason.

You can set it to "single" which is jbod, which gives you all of the space of the drives.

You can set it to "single" which is jbod, which gives you all of the space of the drives.

Single is not the same as JBOD. Single means that the available space is concatenated. JBOD means that individual disks are available separately.

Ahh I just looked again and it says BTRFS equivalent to JBOD. I guess that is where I was mixed up. So now I am in the process of removing that drive.