[SOLVED with 6.3.2][6.3.1] slow boot, ACPI and PCIe Errors since upgrade from 6.2.4 to 6.3.1

4 posts in this topic Last Reply

Description: slow boot on VM, ACPI error messages and PCIe errors.

I have 2 graphic cards in the system: NVIDIA 980Ti and AMD 280x

4 CPU cores (5820k) and 8GB ram for each VM (total 32GB).

No problem with the AMD card, fast boot, etc. ... but on the NVIDIA card, not at all.

How to reproduce: upgrade from 6.2.x to 6.3.0 and I still experience the same issues in the 6.3.1 version.

Expected results: normal boot and normal use with the NVIDIA card, like before with 6.2.x

Actual results: with the NVIDIA card, slow boot or no boot (from 3-5 minutes instead of 0-few seconds), and I received a few errors.

Other information: I ran the plugin "fix common problems" and nothing showed up. All the hardware was successfully tested and worked very well under 6.2.4.

tower-syslog-20170216-0006.zip

Edited by toff

Have you tried disabling Auto-Start on both your VMs, rebooting the host (just to be in a clean state), and then starting just the VM with the Nvidia GPU to see if it's still slow by itself?

Also along with uploading the diagnostics zip file, as Tom mentioned, please go to 'Edit XML' on each of your VMs, copy the XML content and paste them here for us to review.

Thanks for replies.

Problem solved since upgrade to 6.3.2

No errors at all, fast boot time.

Just for information, disabling autoboot doesn't affect boot time & PCIe errors in 6.3.1
no tweaks or specific modifications in XML file.
All is perfect now !

Best regards
An unRAID happy user !!

Edited by toff