An old man needs some hand holding for moving files

Yes, I know this should be easy but I am stumped. Haven't ran my server for a few years so I decided to upgrade with new 6TB drives and rerip all movies (over 4K). Upgraded to 6.2.4 and started fresh with the new xfs file system.

Now I have data on one drive I want to move to another, Windows is slow and I am trying to use Linux or MC. When I telnet into MC via Putty all I see is the usb drive that Unraid is on. Cannot remember for the life of me how to get to another drive in MC

When I copy the files via cp -r /mnt/disk1 /mnt/disk10 it moves the files into an disc image rather that just the files as they are

Something simple is driving me nuts so any help is appreciated

You might want to read this WIKI article.  While you might not need some of the information, it does contain commands for doing the actual copy operation that you can use.

http://lime-technology.com/wiki/index.php/File_System_Conversion

To get to the disks in MC. First, click on the  /..    Look at the list of files and folders for /mnt  ( if it isn't there and  /..  is, click on that again.)  You should now see a list of disks listed.  Find the ones you are looking for.

When I copy the files via cp -r /mnt/disk1 /mnt/disk10 it moves the files into an disc image rather that just the files as they are

Just an FYI, you have to add a slash and asterisk after disk1 ->  cp -r /mnt/disk1/*  /mnt/disk10

If you don't, you get all of the files of Disk 1 in the folder /mnt/disk10/disk1.

Edit: corrected, thanks John!

Zonediver - when I SSH via Putty into my server I get a connection error - connection refused

Rob - when I used the cp -r command it created an image rather that moving the files. I don't want a disk image, I just want to move the files

What I end up with on the disk that I am coping the files to is disk1\system\docker\docker.img

So I am still stuck

Rob - when I used the cp -r command it created an image rather that moving the files. I don't want a disk image, I just want to move the files

What I end up with on the disk that I am coping the files to is disk1\system\docker\docker.img

You aren't creating a disk image, that's the docker.img file that you are copying.  We need to see what is on Disk 1, and what the drive setup looks like, and other info.  Please see Need help? Read me first!, and attach the diagnostics zip.

I may have missed something, but I don't see any serious issues in your diagnostics.  I see a successful Telnet connection at 5:26pm, but not an unsuccessful SSH connection (may have been in previous session?).  Yet with the connection error and apparently crossed up pathing, might be good to reboot and try again.

Would you mind a few more questions and requests?  What folder were you in when you tried the copy command, and what was the exact command you used?  And could you provide the results of the following commands:

ls -l /mnt

ls -l /mnt/disk1

ls -l /mnt/disk10

ls -l /boot/config/ssh

Just curious, why did you unassign your parity drives?

Without parity the files move faster from Windows and I have all of those files on other drives

Did a screenshot with the commands you requested

What happened is I added shares where I didn't need to so I could map each individual drive. Now I am just trying to move those files off of each drive into a non shared drive so I can delete the share and clean up my mess. Been too long since I fooled with Unraid so don't remember what I used to do. And never good at command line anyway.

Tks

I believe if you type the following command, and reboot, you will be able to connect by SSH:

rm /boot/config/ssh/ssh*

The SSH keys were zero length, so by removing them and rebooting, they will be recreated correctly.  SSH is preferred over Telnet now, more secure, but Telnet still works fine (just not very secure).  I've updated the Terminal Access page with more detail, for SSH and Telnet using PuTTY.

At present, Disk 1 does not have a Movies share, but Disk 10 does.  Perhaps it has already been moved?

As of unRAID v6.2, a system share is created for Dockers and VM's, both of which you have enabled.  So the copy of the docker.img was correct.  That system share is usually created on the Cache drive, but since you do not have one, it was created on Disk 1.  Along with the system share, 3 others are created - domains, appdata, and isos, but since they appear to be empty, they weren't copied.

That leaves 2 mysteries on Disk 1 - 4.4TB reported to be on it, and that odd "Disk 1 8 Plus" folder.  That folder has something in it, so you should use the same ls -l command (ls -l "/mnt/disk1/Disk 1 8 Plus") to peer inside it (if you don't already know what its contents are).  Can it really contain 4.4TB?  If not, then you may have to use Check Disk File systems to check the Disk 1 file system.