unRAID OS version 6.3.2 Stable Release Available

limetech

10 hours ago, eschultz said:

This has to be (still) one of the strangest issues I've heard.

Maybe try this:

1) Make a backup copy of /boot/syslinux/syslinux.cfg  -->  /boot/syslinux/syslinux.cfg_bak

2) Download latest unRAID zip file from our Downloads section

3) Extract the syslinux/syslinux.cfg from within the zip and overwrite /boot/syslinux/syslinux.cfg

4) Reboot unRAID and try booting non-GUI mode

I will attempt this, this coming weekend, along with changing a couple BIOS settings one at a time. I currently have no add on cards, but I am booting from the internal USB port. I will also check the other USB ports to rule that out.

22 hours ago, Frank1940 said:

Look back four posts to one that I made regarding a similar issue.  There were a lot things that were required in some cases for a successful upgrade from 6.1.9.

well, good news. I've found my problem. In the "go" file, i was installing a few packages by default and one of them was causing an issue with unraid from 6.2.x and up. I have commented everything and now i can communicate with my shares without any problems!

hi guys, since upgrade to 6.3.1 and 6.3.2, i had issues with my win10 VM not bootting up consistently. Sometimes it would work, but on many occasions, it would appears as freezing the unraid while booting that VM...

i thought it's because of h/w changes, i added extra usb pcie card and changed 2nd gpu slot locations.

Because the GPU i'm passing through remained constant in slot 1 (providing the rom file) i doubted that this is the reason for my issues.

I have found that assigning 3:2 (HT pairs) cpu's to the windows 10 Vm is crashing it, exactly when it should switch from the windows blue logo (windows loading) to the windows login screen.

as a matter of fact, the loading screen get's a bit dim, but then everything is freezing.

I cannot stop the VM from the dynamix webgui, the windows 10 VM is not loading in the page (since it appears hanged probably).

Going through the ssh > virsh destroy vm will stop the hanged win10 VM.

I assigned 2:2 cpu's and solved this issue. went back to 3:2 and same issues are back. So had to make it 2:2 (i know, these are the recommendations not to assign more that 2:2 but... it worked with the past unraid versions - 6.2.4 for example).

Will also try to see if i can assign 4:2, maybe the odd core number (e.g. 3) is an issue...

another issue that I found, but not sure if it's related to this version, maybe somebody can replicate this issue, it;s simple...

you cannot edit the vdisk size if by chance you forget to define it (it will default to 512B)

create VM from template. Forget to define the vdisk size.

try to install the OS and fail of course due to disk space (this step may not be required)

then attempt to increase the disk space: edit the textbox (e.g. 20GB), save. The page will refresh with old value, so you cannot enlarge the allocated disk space.

this is with Chrome latest version (not sure if browser matters).

sorry if this is old issue and i just discovered it. just ignore / remove this post...

hi everyone.

Since the update to 6.3.2, i can't access my shares anymore from any device on my network.
- windows 10 can't access the shares
- android phone
- linux box

telnet from my windows 10 work perfectly and i can navigate to the unraid dashboard with my browser. I had this problem with the 6.2.x branchs too and the last version that is working without any problems for me is 6.1.9.

Any idea?
tower-diagnostics-20170221-2041.zip

I seem to have the exact same issue, been trying to upgrade since 6.1.9 every other release or so

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
4 hours ago, gert said:

I seem to have the exact same issue, been trying to upgrade since 6.1.9 every other release or so

Did you read the first two posts in the the following thread?

unRAID Server Release 6.2 Stable Release Available

And you need to post up your diagnostics file.  ( 'Tools'  >>   'Diagnostics' ) These types of problems are not that common and there is not a single solution to them. The Gurus need more information to work with than you have provided. 

Edited by Frank1940
5 hours ago, gert said:

And if you look just a few posts above yours you will see that skoub solved his problem. I think it is unlikely his solution will be yours, so you probably don't have the exact same issue.

On ‎2‎/‎23‎/‎2017 at 5:52 AM, eschultz said:

This has to be (still) one of the strangest issues I've heard.

Maybe try this:

1) Make a backup copy of /boot/syslinux/syslinux.cfg  -->  /boot/syslinux/syslinux.cfg_bak

2) Download latest unRAID zip file from our Downloads section

3) Extract the syslinux/syslinux.cfg from within the zip and overwrite /boot/syslinux/syslinux.cfg

4) Reboot unRAID and try booting non-GUI mode

Finally had a free moment to run through this. Updating the syslinux.cfg file fixed my issue with only being able to boot in GUI mode. All boot options work now. Thanks for the fix!

Hmm
For whatever reason, now my docker has screwed up....

Been running 6.3.2 since release, and now I can't update any dockers, start ones that are stopped etx.

I've tried disabling and reenabling docker - now won't start

Tried deleting the image and starting again - doesn't work.

Just sits in a loop trying to start the docker process

Ideas?

For some reason the WebUI is quiet unstable for me since upgrading to 6.3.2

It's unresponsive the second time in a row now. Powering down the server via telnet did not work (tried 'poweroff' and 'powerdown'). So I had to push the powerbutton resulting in an unclean shutdown.

Never had a problem like this before updating.

14 hours ago, miniwalks said:

I've tried disabling and reenabling docker - now won't start

I have Kernal Panic issues with 6.3.2 and couldn't run Docker after rolling back to 6.2.4. What worked for me was:

- disable Docker

- delete image

- reboot

- enable Docker

then recreate Dockers from templates. 

Worth a try. 

On 25/2/2017 at 2:22 PM, trurl said:

And if you look just a few posts above yours you will see that skoub solved his problem. I think it is unlikely his solution will be yours, so you probably don't have the exact same issue.

You are right, i should have posted diagnostics and instead stated i have similar symptoms and not assuming the problem was the same.

Although the solution pointed my towards a thing i had not considered. packages in the extra folder. i have now removed all of them and updated without any issues so far, there was many leftovers that i don't even use anymore

Kind of silly i did not think of it before

Edit: and now logged on to a PC and i seem to have 2 user accounts here, i did post as gert initially

Edited by Ghe
5 hours ago, emmcee said:

I have Kernal Panic issues with 6.3.2 and couldn't run Docker after rolling back to 6.2.4. What worked for me was:

- disable Docker

- delete image

- reboot

- enable Docker

then recreate Dockers from templates. 

Worth a try. 

Thanks guys

I disabled docker, rebooted, and renabled with the existing image (have a backup of it anyways)

Seems to be stable again, not sure what happened

On 2/23/2017 at 3:42 PM, CrashnBrn said:

I have that same board, I'll try upgrading this weekend and see if I run into the same issue.

Going back to 6.2.x is just copying the bzimage file back?

Just updated to 6.3.2 and ran into no issues. Win10 VM came up, all docker containers came up. No issues that I can see. I will update if anything goes wrong.

Edited by CrashnBrn

With my below setup and running Plex Docker and a few Plugins everything came up just fine from 6.2.4 to 6.3.2

I guess the only thing I noticed is it appeared to take a little longer to spin up the array and verify my license, but so far everything seems just fine. 

unRAID budget box: unRAID 6.3.2, Athlon x4 630 2.8GHz AMD, BIOSTAR A760G M2+, 8 GB DDR2 800 RAM, 13.5TB all WD Green, AOC-SAS2LP-MV8, Cooler Master 590, Corsair AX760, 240 GB SSD and lots of Sata Cables

22 minutes ago, kizer said:

With my below setup and running Plex Docker and a few Plugins everything came up just fine from 6.2.4 to 6.3.2

I guess the only thing I noticed is it appeared to take a little longer to spin up the array and verify my license, but so far everything seems just fine. 

I assume your "below setup" is referring to your signature? For someone who has not explicitly enabled signature viewing, it sure looks like you forgot to add something to your post :D

Just checked my logs and I'm getting flooded with this. Kinda odd too. Never saw it before until today of course after I updated to 6.3.2 from 6.2.4

Feb 27 19:16:14 Tower kernel: blk_update_request: I/O error, dev fd0, sector 0
Feb 27 19:16:14 Tower kernel: floppy: error -5 while reading block 0
Feb 27 19:26:24 Tower kernel: blk_update_request: I/O error, dev fd0, sector 0
Feb 27 19:26:24 Tower kernel: floppy: error -5 while reading block 0
Feb 27 19:27:14 Tower kernel: blk_update_request: I/O error, dev fd0, sector 0
Feb 27 19:27:14 Tower kernel: floppy: error -5 while reading block 0

Just went into BiOS and disabled Floppy. Not sure why its a big deal today, but who knows. I'll report back if anything changes. 

Nothing seems to be flooding my Logs now. 

tower-diagnostics-20170227-1940.zip

After update to 6.3.2 I do see these errors in my syslog:

error: webGui/include/ProcessStatus.php: wrong csrf_token

NAS only here. No docker, no plugins, ...

Close any browser sessions that were open prior to upgrade, this is part of the CSRF protection

The CSRF is generated each time unraid boots to stop previous sessions from carrying out unwanted actions

On 21.2.2017 at 6:05 PM, Mettbrot said:

@limetech I have scouted some of the bugtrackers that mention this issue. This seams to be the main one: https://bugzilla.kernel.org/show_bug.cgi?id=191891
another usb device: https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=853894
about an audio adapter: https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=852749
another (older) one here: https://bugzilla.kernel.org/show_bug.cgi?id=109521
same problem with a usb LAN controller: https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=852556

I found the following two patches:

https://patchwork.kernel.org/patch/9534751/
https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=852749 (this is the one about the audio adapter though)

I hope this helps :)

I asked Marc on the Kernel Bugzilla if he tried the patch and it seems to work for him! The patch is also in the most recent linux kernel code on github, but I think its not included in the 4.9 release cycle anymore.. If you update the kernel in the next release could you include that patch? I dont think dvb-usb would harm anyone not willing to fiddle with dvb devices :D

Edited by Mettbrot