Server becomes unresponsive before the Unraid version update shows up

Nihil

Just noticed that every time before the Unraid version update shows up, my entire system becomes almost unresponsive. This time it lasted about 30 minutes, previous two times slightly less. At that point, WebGUI takes forever to reload (1-5 minutes) and VMs start to "stutter" (by that I mean display, mouse and keyboard keep freezing every couple of seconds).

Could releasing an update actually have such an impact on OS?

Just to clarify, I'm not talking during version installation or after it, but just before the "unRAID OS v6.3.2 is available. Download Now" shows up in the bottom of the WebGUI.

Is this perhaps caused by a getting a bunch of plug-in updates along at the same time? Although I'm using the Auto-update plug-in, only three plug-ins are selected, the rest just show up as update being available. Does anyone else experience this?

Just noticed that every time before the Unraid version update shows up, my entire system becomes almost unresponsive. This time it lasted about 30 minutes, previous two times slightly less. At that point, WebGUI takes forever to reload (1-5 minutes) and VMs start to "stutter" (by that I mean display, mouse and keyboard keep freezing every couple of seconds).

Could releasing an update actually have such an impact on OS?

Just to clarify, I'm not talking during version installation or after it, but just before the "unRAID OS v6.3.2 is available. Download Now" shows up in the bottom of the WebGUI.

Is this perhaps caused by a getting a bunch of plug-in updates along at the same time? Although I'm using the Auto-update plug-in, only three plug-ins are selected, the rest just show up as update being available. Does anyone else experience this?

When this happens again, post up your diagnostics