Where do the virtual machine configuration xml files live?

dimes007

Being accustomed to vmware I expected ./domains/vmname to contain not only .img files but the configuration xmls as well. 

I have the usb flash used to boot unraid and the data disk that all of the data was contained on.

Where can I find/copy/extract/export the xml files from the flash and disks of an unraid tower that isn't running.

Understood that some edits will have to happen once the xml files are moved to new hardware.

My biggest issue is just that I don't remember if I used OVMF or Seabios and I don't want to mess up the HAL in Windows and end up blue screening a known good and working install.

Thanks.

--dimes

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
3 minutes ago, NLS said:

Where are the "pre-packaged" configs?

They are hard-coded in unRaid.

3 minutes ago, NLS said:

In other words if I wanted LibreElec to support downloading a newer image.

Not sure if @eschultz still keeps up with this.  Best off following the directions in the threads to install the generic LibreElec.

(Main real difference is that limetech's LibreElec image supports VNC for viewing)

• 2 years later...
On 6/5/2018 at 11:53 AM, Squid said:

They live within the libvirt.img file (nominally located within the system user share), and are mounted at /etc/libvirt/qemu

But you really want to backup the entire libvirt.img file

Just to be clear, if I backup the libvirt.img file using "Backup/Restore Appdata" plugin, I don't need to backup the individual xml files?