Two different networks

MSattler

All,

I have a somewhat weird config.

eth0 - 1Gbe NIC Onboard

eth1 - 10Gb Mellanox ConnectX-2 NIC

Basically what I want to do is use the 1Gbe NIC for managing the unraid host.  The 10Gb interface would be used for host access.  The thing is that I cannot find anyway to assign the gateway/dns to eth1.  unRaid automatically wants me to assign the gateway to eth0.

Basically I have this setup, and it works, but it looks funky in the gui:

eth0 - 10.10.10.42 / 255.255.255.0 / GW 192.168.1.1 / DNS 192.168.1.1

eth1 - 192.168.1.42 / 255.255.255.0

Is there a way to switch the interfaces around so that I'm assigning the gateway with the right interface?

@1812: what im looking for is actually a way to set a default gateway for a /24 network on eth2 

cTtBeGD.png

eth0/1 (bonded) are set up like this

ZSZ6GZ5.png

Typically you should only have one default gw.  You can add a route specific for the /24 on eth 2.  Not sure where to store it so it's added on every future reboot.

The idea was to dmz certain vm's in the future and wanted to be able to put them on eth2. Am i going about this the wrong way?

If the interface is for VM's, the interface itself doesn't need a gateway.  The VM's themselves would have the gateway set, the nic would just be the connection.  At least that's how it works on the VMWare side.  I don't run any VM's on my unraid boxes.