[SOLVED][6.3.2] Plex official Plugin Error

bigdave

I'm not sure if this is a plex issue or a dynamics issue.

I've opened a plex forum post as well: https://forums.plex.tv/discussion/259331/error-after-upgrade-to-6-3-x/p1?new=1

Warning: syntax error, unexpected END_OF_LINE, expecting '=' in /boot/config/plugins/plexmediaserver/settings.ini on line 2 in /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix/include/DefaultPageLayout.php(382) : eval()'d code on line

QC7b51r.jpg

I have to manually update /boot/config/plugins/plexmediaserver/settings.ini to get it to start.  Then it works fine. 

Edited by bigdave

Not really a fan of the docker, this is the plex official txz they still have available to download for unraid on their main site.  This worked prior to 6.3.x and still works just the settings page has this issue.  

https://downloads.plex.tv/plex-media-server/1.4.2.3400-ab906953b/PlexMediaServer-1.4.2.3400-ab906953b-x64-UnRAID.txz

I'm also not the only having this issue:

https://forums.plex.tv/discussion/259334/cant-launch-plex-on-unraid-cant-seem-to-figure-out-error

Phaze plugin changes the Library directory which I don't want to do, he removes application support directory, I don't want to risk any plex library issues.  I don't see the point of docker other than to isolate dependency issues it still has access to the same resources and seems to just complicate things with having to map media drives so the paths match the existing library.  

At this point I just need to know if this a unraid issue or a plex issue.  Like I said, Plex still makes this txz available and it still works fine just the UI is broken.

11 minutes ago, Zonediver said:

I had this Error as well - my Plex-Server was installed at the extra folder on the flash, so not in docker.

Plex isnt working under v6.3 if you use this kind of installation so you must move to Docker or revert back to v6.2.4

Plex works fine in 6.3 you just need to start it manually /etc/rc.d/rc.plexmediaserver start after updating the paths in /boot/config/plugins/plexmediaserver/settings.ini

Edited by bigdave
9 minutes ago, bigdave said:

Plex works fine in 6.3 you just need to start it manually /etc/rc.d/rc.plexmediaserver start after updating the paths in /boot/config/plugins/plexmediaserver/settings.ini

Its running - yes - but you cant deactivate it for backup the database or something else.

Edited by Zonediver
1 minute ago, Zonediver said:

Is running - yes - but you cant deactivate it for backup the database or something else.

You can /etc/rc.d/rc.plexmediaserver stop. My backup scripts still work fine.  It's just this issue with the gui. It's not a big deal I'd just like to get it fixed.

I moved from Phaze's Plugin to a docker this weekend. Other than forgetting to do some Volume Mapping when I first started it up it went pretty smoothly. Sure I had to re-scan my Libraries, but honestly its much safer. No worries about dependencies and with dockers you can restrict the docker much more via Volume Mapping read/write than you can normally with plugins. 

My experience was relatively none with Dockers until this weekend and now I'm sold on them. Quick and easy start/stop, easy to edit and view all from a quick click/install via CA. 

This is a plex issue they're not using the csrf_token variable on the form post for that page which is producing this error.  I'll see if I can get them to fix or I'll just deal.  Like I said plex works fine.  I've had plex in a docker before and I just didn't see the point. 

Mods can close.