"Error: layers from manifest don't match image configuration"

madpoet

So I upgraded to the latest unRaid stable, and was futzing around with my Docker images and checked for updates.  They all say they need an update but when I try and do it I get the following after it pulls the image: "Error: layers from manifest don't match image configuration".  I don't know what I did wrong (I assume it was my fault somewhere) but now I'm stuck unable to perform any upgrades.  Normally I'd shrug it off and try to start over but I've got a pretty massive Plex config in there that I really, really don't want to lose.  Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Paul

Refering to this: http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=51874.msg497876#msg497876

- Those having Docker issues (such as no Docker tab, "layers from manifest" error, no working dockers, all Dockers need upgrade, etc), the common solution recommended seems to be the same - in Docker configuration, delete your docker.img, recreate it again (not on an unassigned drive!), then reinstall your Docker apps through Community Application's Previous Apps section or via the my* templates.  Your apps will be back the exact same way as before, with no adjustment of the volume mappings, ports, etc required.  This should be easy, fairly quick, a one-time operation.

• Upvote 1
  • 6 months later...

Hi there, I just went to Settings -> Docker and can't see anywhere to delete docker.img?  Or is this done via the command line/console?  I am having issues updating Plex.

Docker storage location: /mnt/cache/Docker

Appdata storage:   /mnt/user/appdata/

Are these paths correct?  I'm running the latest version of Unraid.

3 hours ago, Bizarro said:

Hi there, I just went to Settings -> Docker and can't see anywhere to delete docker.img?  Or is this done via the command line/console?  I am having issues updating Plex.

Docker storage location: /mnt/cache/Docker

Appdata storage:   /mnt/user/appdata/

Are these paths correct?  I'm running the latest version of Unraid.

Stop Docker.  Turn on advanced view in top right.  Delete image.  Restart Docker.

Re-add your applications:

That did the trick, just had to delete the Plex docker entirely.  Re-downloaded via Community Applications vs the templates, and had to set up all the paths again.  Hopefully it doesn't need to rescan all my media, I have kept the path to the existing config file.  Thanks for your help :)