Lost SMB Access After Power Outage

thestip

2 minutes ago, thestip said:

As for the new USB stick, if that fixes it, should I just upgrade the OS on my existing USB stick? Can I use the built-in upgrade process or should I wipe the original stick and start clean?

I'd read the upgrade guide for information on which configuration files can safely be moved, and only overwrite the bare minimum of configs. You will need your key file (obviously) but beyond that I'd keep as clean an install as possible. I would NOT use the built in upgrade, as you will most likely be chasing the same problem you have now.

If a fresh install works, then back up your current licensed USB, verify the backup is good, then format and set it up fresh with a new install, just like you just got through doing with the trial USB that worked. Copy the key file out of the backup, and no others if you can stand setting everything up fresh. If you spend some time redoing settings with the trial key, then you can copy those files from the trial key to your licensed key.

The unraid upgrade wiki has good information on which config files do what, and besides that most of them are plain text that you can read and figure out what they do.

9 minutes ago, thestip said:

Alrighty then. Thank you!! (I'm not going to lose my dockers, am I?)

You won't lose them, but if you don't copy over the contents of /config/plugins/dockerMan from one flash to another, then unRaid is going to complain about "Was this container created with unRaid, and updates for the apps won't work either)