Norco RPC-470 4U for $79 (USD)

alroofi

Available directly from Norco site if anyone's interested. Copy/paste from the site:

Specifications:

Drive Bay: Supports ten 3.5" drives and three 5.25"drives;
Air Filter: easy accessed, changeable 
Cooling Fan: 4x80mm middle fans,2 x 120mm optional front fans,2 x 80mm optional rear fans
Switch:Power ON/OFF x 1, System reset x 1 
Indicator:Power ON/OFF x 1, HDD x 1, NETWORK X 2
Connector:Two front accessible USB ports 
Motherboard Compatibility:Support EEB (12"x13"), CEB(12"x10.5"), ATX (12"x9.6"), Micro ATX (9.6" x 9.6"),ITX (6.7"x6.7") 
Power Supply Options:Standard ATX, mini redundant power supply 
Dimensions ( W x D x H ):19" x 25.5" x 7" (483mm x 650mm x 176mm)
Packing:Double boxes 
Weight:15.5 kg/34 lb (NET) 17 kg/37.5 lb (GROSS) 
Environment Temperature:0/55 °C, 32/131 °F (Operating) -20/60 °C, -4/140 °F (Non-Operating) 
Relative Humidity:5% to 95%,non-condensing 
Vibration:1 Grms (Operating), 2 G (Non-Operating) 
Shock:10 G(with 11ms duration, half sine wave) (Operating), 30 G (Non-Operating)

9 hours ago, Drider said:

Available from newegg for $86.99 and free shipping.  Don't think $81.00 shipping, is reasonable from Norco.

NORCO RPC-470 Black 4U Rackmount Server Case 3 External 5.25" Drive Bays - OEM

I can attest this is a great case, and the iStar 5x3.5" in 3x5.25" Hot swap bays work great with it.  I built by 2xE5-2670 system in it.

Have the same board as you, I should have picked this case instead i went with the intel  16bay 2.5 host swap case.  Of course i dont have 16 2.5 drives so the cage is sitting collecting dust and I had to buy the caddies for the 3.5 drives. ANYHOO what did you used to power all ten drives plus your cage? did you have to use splicers 

13 hours ago, ijuarez said:

Have the same board as you, I should have picked this case instead i went with the intel  16bay 2.5 host swap case.  Of course i dont have 16 2.5 drives so the cage is sitting collecting dust and I had to buy the caddies for the 3.5 drives. ANYHOO what did you used to power all ten drives plus your cage? did you have to use splicers 

I actually went with a: Seasonic X-850.

I'm running 15 Total drives in 3 of the iStar 5in3 Docks.  No need for splicers as the docks run off just two SATA power plugs, though I did use Molex adapters to single SATA power as the docks has a stupid stacked plug system for the SATA power input, and standard right angle SATA power plugs were ridiculously tight.

The run for power to the opposite corner of the case to reach that dock was a bit tricky too.

I also have two SSD's mounted in the main hull of the server with one of these drop-in additions:

OS Hard Drive SSD Mounting Bracket for Norco RPC-4224, RPC-4220, RPC-4216, RPC-4116

In all it's a great system, and I'm getting ready to put the second one together for a Hyper-V Core 2012 R2 server which will house 30 SSD's in 5 6x2.5" in 1x5.25" Docks.  Plan on getting 20-26 VM's on the machine, maybe more depending on system load.

Edited by Drider
10 hours ago, Drider said:

In all it's a great system, and I'm getting ready to put the second one together for a Hyper-V Core 2012 R2 server which will house 30 SSD's in 5 6x2.5" in 1x5.25" Docks.  Plan on getting 20-26 VM's on the machine, maybe more dependin

Damn, what are you running? I going to assume you're running a business. 

12 hours ago, ijuarez said:

Damn, what are you running? I going to assume you're running a business. 

Correct, I followed my dream back in August '15 and started a Business to Business  I.T. consultation company.

Preparing for growth in 2017.

Edited by Drider
  • Upvote 1
  • 1 year later...