Are there any media scrappers that run on Unraid?

Harro

7 hours ago, Harro said:

I run Kodi/xbmc and am tired of scrapping the media that enters in my Unraid box. Was wondering if there are any scrappers such as universal movie scrapper or The Movie database, or TVDB that I could install on my Unraid box to get the current ratings, posters, info , etc..?

You can do all of that in Kodi. Setup our Kodi headless docker and mariadb and you have one db for all your devices to connect to. Kodi headless can be triggered to scan new content from other applications also.

3 minutes ago, saarg said:

You can do all of that in Kodi. Setup our Kodi headless docker and mariadb and you have one db for all your devices to connect to. Kodi headless can be triggered to scan new content from other applications also.

If I remember correctly, there were some issues with the headless Kodi - has this been solved?

Also worth mentioning, this solution requires 2 dockers. One for Kodi and one for mariadb.

Some people here use an openelec VM to run Kodi which can do the scraping and db thing.

Thank you all for the great advise.

Guess what I am really looking for is something that will be able to run say once a week and update the ratings, info and such. As it is now, I get home after work and scrap my media and find no ratings and not much info available for the new content. If I had the ability to re-scrap, say a week or later to update the info and ratings, I would be a happy camper. Will any of the ideas work everyone posted or are there others out there? 

Tinymediamanager  is an app for unraid but i have yet to get it work, never get past error screen when remoting into it (webgui) shame really.

Outside of dockers, i personally use Ember Media Manager on windows,  create yourself  a network drive on windows linked to your media folders and scan from your windows desktop. It can be done done also via a windows VM and just RDP into it if you wanted it headless....alot of over head for a little app.

Before unraid was even on my radar  i went with a mysql/kodi option on pc, then servers .  Tried the headless version too but never got it handle multiply users  without dying!

I've used emby  and had great success with it and using emby plugin on kodi but due to whatever bug, woke up and found all my databases gone with emby docker back to setup wizard.

Failing that option tried plex and found it alot easier to use although very much the same in setup.  Install PlexConnect docker and the on kodi install the plexconnect plugin and i've never looked back!

Not a hard sell or endorsement btw but if i was able to set up 2 other family households using unraid, plex and connect with kodi ,  they all happy now too.

One thing to take away from my experiences and the info above is this:

On emby plugin on  kodi there's and option to add perm users to the profile.  That in short is the abillity which is missing from plex!

Means just one simple thing, create a kodi profile for myself + partner, in that tell it which one is the main emby account to use ( shows all their content if different to other users) then add yourself or whoever the extra users are (kids/family). It will now mark your watched history for those users listed,  thats awesome for keeping track of who's watched what....

lost off yet?? 

Simply put,  3 profiles on kodi:  husband, wife, "couple/movie-time"

main profile on the "couples" is wife's  with husbands as a perm user added to the kodi emby profile.

you both watch a movie under that profile, both users now have their own database showing as the movie watched.

makes that conversation of

who's profile are we watching and have you we seen that movie/episode yet?

Plex does not have that yet, i dont think it plans too.. I know this off topic for the fanart/meta issue but  food for thought when it comes to overall benefits when using these app's to manage and control your media databases etc.

both of these suck when it comes to permissions on the artwork once in folder, must be explained better for when setting it up on container i think.

Edited by Akio
Tinymediamanager  is an app for unraid but i have yet to get it work, never get past error screen when remoting into it (webgui) shame really.
Outside of dockers, i personally use Ember Media Manager on windows,  create yourself  a network drive on windows linked to your media folders and scan from your windows desktop. It can be done done also via a windows VM and just RDP into it if you wanted it headless....alot of over head for a little app.
Before unraid was even on my radar  i went with a mysql/kodi option on pc, then servers .  Tried the headless version too but never got it handle multiply users  without dying!

I've used emby  and had great success with it and using emby plugin on kodi but due to whatever bug, woke up and found all my databases gone with emby docker back to setup wizard.

Failing that option tried plex and found it alot easier to use although very much the same in setup.  Install PlexConnect docker and the on kodi install the plexconnect plugin and i've never looked back!
Not a hard sell or endorsement btw but if i was able to set up 2 other family households using unraid, plex and connect with kodi ,  they all happy now too.

On emby plugin on  kodi there's and option to add perm users to the profile.  That in short is the abillity which is missing from plex!
Means just one simple thing, create a kodi profile for myself + partner, in that tell it which one is the main emby account to use ( shows all their content if different to other users) then add yourself or whoever the extra users are (kids/family). It will now mark your watched history for those users listed,  thats awesome for keeping track of who's watched what....

lost off yet?? 
Simply put,  3 profiles on kodi:  husband, wife, "couple/movie-time"
main profile on the "couples" is wife's  with husbands as a perm user added to the kodi emby profile.
you both watch a movie under that profile, both users now have their own database showing as the movie watched.

makes that conversation of
who's profile are we watching and have you we seen that movie/episode yet?

Plex does not have that yet, i dont think it plans too.. I know this off topic for the fanart/meta issue but  food for thought when it comes to overall benefits when using these app's to manage and control your media databases etc.

both of these suck when it comes to permissions on the artwork once in folder, must be explained better for when setting it up on container i think.

Personally I'm one of the vm guys. I run an openelec vm on my POS secondary sever accessible for maintenance purposes via vnc that does everything on a schedule. Problem with Kodi headless is that it's a royal pain to add in additional scrapers etc to it.

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk

5 hours ago, Akio said:

Plexpy does that for you. i run reports of who/what/how many times/ someone watched something. 

@ijuarez I have that running and use it but its not the same as what i meant earlier. With regards to whats been watched on multiple user accounts at the same time on the same tv.

ie: a family profile on kodi linked to the kids user account on emby. Now add mom+dad as permanent extra users on that plugin option. 

After you all sit and watch the talking snowman movie together. Mom+dads individual emby user accounts have the movie now ticked as watched yay...if you're into that much organisation.

Just saying emby has that going for it

@squid. Back on topic, yeah i use win10 vm now with a few cores and its rescraping my meta via EMM.

@Harro couchpotato/sonarr/sick grabs the meta for you but only on adding new files not rescaning the folders adding extra(at least thats what see)

Thanks for being patient and reading this.

20 hours ago, Akio said:

@Harro couchpotato/sonarr/sick grabs the meta for you but only on adding new files not rescaning the folders adding extra(at least thats what see)

Thanks for being patient and reading this.

Thanks all for the info, I do know that the above will grab the meta but not what I am thinking about. Just a scrapper that I could set once a week to update all info, ratings for episodes/ movies and maybe banners, poster or whatever if new ones are out.

I personally use Ember from Kodi.tv's forum and use the command line option to scrape my movies, I use Media Info Plus in command line to scrape my Tv Shows. 

Both of them are ran from my Windows Machine at 6AM every day and it takes I'd guess less than 90 seconds. 

I know you meant something your server can all do, but that's how I've been doing what I've been doing forever. I'm more or less slowly gravitating towards Plex since it does it all, but until then its Business as usual at my house. 

• 2 years later...