Win10 device manager driver issue.

Hello all. :D

OK, having struggled valiantly and having got my Win10VM up and running (and updated and Activated) I have one remaining problem spoiling the setup.

I'd like to get it sorted for peace of mind.

In Device Manager I have under "Human Interface Devices" a device with an exclamation mark. Further investigation shows it is not working properly due to Windows not being able to install the drivers! The device in question is listed as a "HID Button over Interrupt Driver". :S

Does anybody have a solution please?

Thank you.

Right, I think i've found the answer to this after finding a stray post on the net. It appears that its a Windows bug. Apparently Microsoft have renamed an ACPI device incorrectly and therefore the QEMMU software does not recognise it. For the moment the fix appears to be to un-install the device in Device Manager, and then edit the registry and remove references to offending hardware.

• 1 year later...

Just as an update for this. I was looking to fix this today and found this solution: 

https://pyronexus.com/2017/07/28/hid-button-over-interrupt-driver-on-kvm-windows-102016-guest-acpi0010/

1. Open Device Manager -> Right click HID Button over Interrupt Driver -> Click Update Driver Software…
  2. Click Browse my computer for driver software
  3. Click Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer
  4. Select Generic Bus and click Next
  5. Click Close and the device should now be operating fine.

Thought I'd post here as this topic ended up quite high on the Google search I did and wanted to ensure the solution was included! 

• Like 2