Win 10 VM caused corrupted Parity Disk

While changing some settings inside of my Windows 10 virtual machine (trying to update the Microsoft Display Driver to that in the qxl directory of the VirtIO disk), I lost the network connection between my computer and the unRAID computer.  When I went to the unRAID computer, I saw some message about an error on the cache disk (my virtual machines are all on a separate SSD which is not a part of the unRAID array, so I'm not sure why the cache disk was even involved).  There was no blinking cursor, so I'm assuming that the terminal was inoperative.  I had to do a hard shutdown.

When the machine came back on, I received the inevitable message that I had performed an unclean shutdown and that a parity check was necessary.  When that started up, I got a message saying that my parity disk had errors and I got the red X beside that disk.

All because of trying to update a driver in a virtual machine.

What in the world is going on?

32 minutes ago, JohnSnyder said:

The smart report has been perfect for that disk.

I couldn't collect any data prior to the hard shutdown because the console was unresponsive.  I had to press and hold the power button to do a hard shutdown.

4 hours ago, JohnSnyder said:

When the machine came back on, I received the inevitable message that I had performed an unclean shutdown and that a parity check was necessary.  When that started up, I got a message saying that my parity disk had errors and I got the red X beside that disk.

The diagnostics we need to see is from the red X event, which was after you restarted from the hard shutdown. Hopefully you haven't rebooted since then.