unRAID 6.1.9 with 5TB Toshiba HDWE150 - Problem is solved

I have unRAID 6.1.9 with 15 disks, all disk are full. I just put 5TB Toshiba HDWE150 disk to slot 16, but unRAID not recognize this disk ( I have another WD 5tb for parity in system) . Something is wrong with the disk or Toshiba HDWE150 disk is not compatible with unRAID ? I put Toshiba HDWE150 to USB enclosure and connect to PC with windows 7_x64 , the windows 7 is recognized Toshiba HDWE150 disk but the volume about 460meg bytes (half tb) . Do Any one that use this model with unRAID before ? I dónt want return this disk if I dónt know it is bad for sure.

Thanks

Edited by thanhtran
16 hours ago, dikkiedirk said:

I use several in my server from the same family, the 6 TB HDWE 160 without any issue.

Did you preclear the disk first? Don't understand thar .5 TB partition.

Thanks for help, I found out 3rd Sata controller is bad, I have to order and replace it, also RMA Toshiba HDWE 150, because windows 7 recognized only 600Gig . Wait and see....

7 hours ago, dikkiedirk said:

Was the disk precleared? Windows shouldn't see any partition on it then?

Last night , I put this disk to my unRAID server with other controller, I see it report about 600g ( this disk is clean with windows 7 diskpart command line) , I assume it is bad and not run precleared, in the time wait for orther controller to come (in order), I send back Neweggs to replace new disk. I'll report if I solve problem.

• 2 weeks later...