Missing VM after reboot

JonUKRed

Evengin All,

I need some help please.  I have been using the VM feature in unRAID recently with great success, seeing up a Windows 10 gaming machine which has been working perfectly.

I have just rebooted my machine as I moved it and now the VM is missing from the dashboard and also the VM tab, all my dockers and apps seem to be working OK.

Both of the vdisks for the VM I created are still on the cache (which is 2x 240GB SSD's in RAID 0 for 480GB total).  Could somebody please help, I spent a lot of time setting up the VM and even longer downloading games from my Steam account!

Many thanks, Jon

No problem, my mistake not explaining myself properly :)

To confirm, it's the Virtual Machine I set up that is missing, it's neither on the Dashboard or under Virtual Machines in the VM tab, here it says 'no virtual machines installed'! :( Cheers!

Edited by JonUKRed

It is a puzzler...

I overcame this by setting up a new VM and just directing the vdisks locations to the .img files I already had.  This seems to have done the trick although the Windows machine has a different IP address which causes a couple of headaches but nothing I can't manage.

Is this something I have to do each time I reboot?  Surely not.

I entered your command and got the following, though that shows the newly created VM i just set up (was too quick off the mark!)

Id    Name                           State

----------------------------------------------------

-     IronGamer                      shut off

Edited by JonUKRed

Glad to hear you're back up and running!

5 minutes ago, JonUKRed said:

Is this something I have to do each time I reboot?  Surely not.

Absolutely not. VMs don't usually disappear like that. I've rebooted what seems like dozens of times the last few weeks trying to isolate a different issue, and the only time my VMs disappeared was when the toggle to enable VMs was flipped to off for some reason. Once flipped back on, my tab reappeared, and my VM was back to normal.

I'm still fairly new at the whole VM thing, so maybe someone with more experience has seen this before and can comment.

Thanks DoeBoye,

Yeah I have rebooted in the past without any problems, and to be honest I don't reboot that often so not such a big issue. I was just a little concerned that everything had gone!  Though when I saw my .img files I was a little more relaxed.

This also happens sometimes with certain plugins, maybe I'm just a bit buggy.

Anyhow thanks for you help!! I'll see how I get on next time I need to move the server :/