Crash after SMB browse via OSX

Curious if anyone has a thought as to what I could be having going on.  I have a system, generally runs fine w/o any issues.Recently, I seem to be having the system completely lock up.  Cannot access the GUI.  I can access via TELNET, but a powerdown command does absolutely nothing.  The terminal screen responds saying its going down for a reboot, but nothing happens.  Some dockers will still work (like Sickbeard or CP) but others like PLEX or SABNZB never return.  I end up having to force a reboot by holding the power button.

What seems to be the common theme is that It locks up when im browsing files via OSX Finder. Maybe more when im crawling through Picture folders and it is trying to render thumbnails.  I have to admit, in OSX mounting a volume and going through files seems to be SLOW.

I stopped using AFP a while ago from older versions of unRAID as that seemed to cause my unRAID to lock up a LOT.

No, I dont have logs, i keep forgetting to get them when it locks up.  I will have to remember to do that next time.  But figured Id see if anyone has come across this.

Appreciate any feedback.

A similar thing can happen with Windows in folders with hundreds (or, in some cases, thousands) of pictures if you allow it to generate the thumbnails. (The bandwidth goes out of sight and that may be the reason why you can't get to the GUI.)  Many folks turned off that feature. (I know that I did.)  Perhaps, you should see if you can with OSX for shares on the server.