Server hang after upgrading from 6.3.0

Ever since i have upgraded from 3.1.0 to 3.1.1 and 3.1.2 i have been having random server hangs, this is normally early hrs of the morning.

I have installed fix common problems and i have the logs attached.

The last diagnostics log it created at at 3.12am this morning.

I have included the FCPsyslog and syslog file.

i was able to logon to the console and tried to run the diagnostics again and it just sat there for 20min doing nothing

the only way to get it back is to reset it, from the main console i run the power command and it send the broadcast msg out but it doesnt power it down.

as above this has only been happening since the upgrade to 3.1.1

Anyone got any ideas?

FCPsyslog_tail.txt

lion-diagnostics-20170303-0311.zip

syslog

IMG_20170303_151620.jpg

IMG_20170303_153556.jpg

Edited by rippernz
correct subject

And so its happened again a couple of times since starting this thread, the last time i forgot to enable "fix common problems" trouble shooting but i have this time and the logs are attached.

the diagnostic logs finish at about 7.40am  and the FCPsyslog_tail is at 4.40am.

When i noticed it at about 1.30pm, i could connect to the shares and see the log files, navigating around the shares would then freeze and i would loose connectivity the shares, the remote putty session would just hang at the login screen after entering root.

server reset has been done as powerdown / restart command would not work.

The screens attached to the server was also unresponsive and also showed the same commends at the first pic posted minus the "Fix Common Problems" watches messages.

i know there have been a few other issues on 6.3 but not wide spread, so what is my system doing that causing this?

Thanks

FCPsyslog_tail.txt

lion-diagnostics-20170311-0738.zip

I haven't looked at your logs and its only a guess by me that its a kernel panic, it may not be. I have a hunch that its hardware related though. What disk FS are you using ReiserFS or XFS? Also how much free space do you have on your disks? Not the array as a whole but do you have any disks that are very low on disk space?

3 minutes ago, ashman70 said:

I haven't looked at your logs and its only a guess by me that its a kernel panic, it may not be. I have a hunch that its hardware related though. What disk FS are you using ReiserFS or XFS? Also how much free space do you have on your disks? Not the array as a whole but do you have any disks that are very low on disk space?

All disks use xfs file system and none are close to being full mas shown below

disk sizes.png

1 hour ago, ashman70 said:

So just to get an understanding of your system, you have the motherboard, CPU, integrated network card I am guessing? What are the drives plugged into? How are system and drive temperatures?

so the drive details are attached, temps are OK as a parity check is running.

yes nic is integrated into the MB, the drives are attached to 2 x 8 port PCI-E cards crossed flash to LSISAS2008: FWVersion(20.00.04.00), ChipRevision(0x03), BiosVersion(07.39.00.00) (1 x IBM, 1 x Dell)

drives.png

7 hours ago, ashman70 said:

So walk me through your upgrade path, you started this thread saying you had upgraded from  3.1.0 to 3.1.1 and 3.1.2

Did you mean 6.1.0 to 6.1.1 to 6.1.2?

When did your problems start?

OK, now i feel like to total dickhead, i don't know where i got the versions of 3.1.x from it should have bee 6.3.0 upgraded to 6.3.1 and 6.3.2. and the problem happened from the 6.3.1 upgrade.

I so sorry to you for trying to help me with something i have given you wrong version information for.

:S

Edited by rippernz
removed MOD request
21 hours ago, ashman70 said:

No worries, I suspected as much as I'd never heard of unRAID  version 3.x before.

So if you rolled back to 6.3.0 are you saying things are stable or were you not on 6.3.0 long enough to know?

It was stable on 6.3.0 had up times of over 30 days, a roll back is my next step to see what it does, when i work out how to roll back.

So I think I am possibly having the same issue as this and have started another thread here with my diagnostics posted etc. (started my thread before seeing this one)

I have read through this thread and the only thing that I feel worth mentioning that could be related to my issue is that I have majority ReiserFS disks and most of them are about 10GB from being full. However in saying that, I don't think this is the issue because this thread seems to dismiss that theory. Im stumped!

When did yours start? After using grading from what to what?

Mine doesn't exactly seem like it was straight after an update. I have done each update through the plugin tab within a few days of it being released. I just seem to have same symptoms as you. I did notice on the local console after a lock up that I had the unregistered net device line and waiting for lo to become free. I don't know what this means but could it be related?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk