Server hang after upgrading from 6.3.0

Anyone get their systems stable?  I rolled back to 6.2.4 and still had lockups. Upgraded to 6.3.3, uninstalled all optional plugins, amd still got lockup after 3.5 days

now going to try setting mover to monthly, instead of hourly. Its 1tb so should be okay

Sorry been slammed at work lately so haven't followed up much.

I rolled back to 6.2.4 to 12 days ago. No other changes other than the rollback, and have not had an issue since.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

happy to hear the rollback worked for you. i was shocked when I still got hangs when i rolled back.  its possible i have a different problem, but it sounded so much like this, and other similar posts.  Will try to see if its related to the mover running hourly, other than that i'm not sure what else to try

19 minutes ago, grither said:

happy to hear the rollback worked for you. i was shocked when I still got hangs when i rolled back.  its possible i have a different problem, but it sounded so much like this, and other similar posts.  Will try to see if its related to the mover running hourly, other than that i'm not sure what else to try

I just typed up a post and clicked somewhere and it was gone,

Anyway i have had 2 lockups in 3 days.

CA backup was enabled and finished about 4am.

Yesterday i thought i had another one (during a parity check) but left it and went out, came home and it was all back to normal.

Today i had another one, left it for a few hrs but was still locked up, CA backup finished about 4am.

The latest files are attached, the FCP log shows "shutting down for system halt" at about 1240pm which i think was about the time i tried to push the power button to get a safe shutdown (no luck) but had to use the reset button.

The console showed nothing but the login prompt, a keyboard was non responsive when plugged in, telnet would not connect but was able to ping the server.

CA backup is currently disabled , i know e have come to the conclusion that its not at fault but for piece of mind i have disabled it.

FCPsyslog_tail.txt

lion-diagnostics-20170412-0400.zip

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/30/2017 at 4:34 AM, rippernz said:

Well its been 18 days with out a lockup.

I have had CA backup disabled for the whole time.

Its due to do a monthly parity check tonight so after that is completed i will enable CA backup again and see what happens

Running 6.3.3

I'll have to give this a shot sometime.  I was on 6.2.4 for 30 days with no issues, upgraded to 6.3.2, and then experienced a lockup during the first night.  So I rolled back to 6.2.4 and been stable for 5 days again.  I have the CA Backup disabled, but I never verified it gets turned on on 6.3.2 (but I know I didn't enable it, just wondering if it did on its own).  

i'm somewhat stable these days too but for a diff reason.  i had tried several versions, including 6.2.4 and i was still getting lockups!  updated to 6.3.3, then disabled all optional plugins, and all dockers exccept sab, plex and sonarr.  still got lockups!

only thing that seemed to fix it for me was turning mover from hourly to monthly. no more lockups.  also, i can manually run mover (have been doing this about weekly) with no issue.  not really an ideal solution, as i realize that things aren't parity protected while sitting on cache but better than lockups every second day

other reading indicated there may be some problems with mover that are getting fixed in 6.3.4?  when available, will update and set move back to hourly to test

• 2 weeks later...

OK..

After 28 days running with no problems and a parity check completed i enabled backup and restore again and its hung.

Nothing on the console screen

cant access the shares

cant shut it down, have to reset it, power button wont safely shut it down

Can login to the console screen, after typing root it just sits there

i had fix common problems enabled so the logs are attached.

looks like ill be keeping backup & restore disabled

FCPsyslog_tail.txt

lion-diagnostics-20170511-0402.zip

OK..

After 28 days running with no problems and a parity check completed i enabled backup and restore again and its hung.

Nothing on the console screen
cant access the shares
cant shut it down, have to reset it, power button wont safely shut it down
Can login to the console screen, after typing root it just sits there

i had fix common problems enabled so the logs are attached.
looks like ill be keeping backup & restore disabled
FCPsyslog_tail.txt
lion-diagnostics-20170511-0402.zip

I ended up just leaving CA Backup Restore disabled and haven't had an issue since. Might be some similarities in our hardware or something? I dunno I gave up trying to fix.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk