Cannot access webGUI from Firefox on IOS

I am trying to open unRAIDs webGUI from Firefox on my iPhone. It keeps giving me "401 unauthorized" and does not let me enter the username and password. Safari works just fine. Ive tried clearing all history, deleting the Firefox app, restarting my phone but nothing is changing. Is anyone else able to access unRAID through Firefox with 6.3.2? Is there a setting inside the Firefox app that needs to be changed??

I can confirm, exact same symptoms here. Fresh install of firefox on IOS, 401 error, same on fqdn and IP. Never used FF on IOS before, so can't say when if ever it worked.

Thank you for installing FF on IOS to test! I wonder what the problem is. FF does show me the credential window for my router... not sure if that helps solve whether is it a FF or unRAID problem though.

• 2 weeks later...

Just thought I would post an update in case anyone else comes across this issue. I asked Tom to take a look and got the following reply. I wonder what else is coming up in 6.4!  :D

I would like to thank the LT team for their quick response time.

We are switching to nginx front-end http server for unRaid 6.4.  Let’s wait and see if that solves this issue.

Cheers,

Tom

• Upvote 1
59 minutes ago, archedraft said:

Just thought I would post an update in case anyone else comes across this issue. I asked Tom to take a look and got the following reply. I wonder what else is coming up in 6.4!  :D

I would like to thank the LT team for their quick response time.

This is awesome news!  Excited by this one.

• 2 years later...
5 hours ago, Marshalleq said:

Thanks for this, I was tearing my hair out.  Use a blank password and it works.  Unraid 6.7.0 RC7.  So still an issue.

Edit - Nope I spoke to soon.  Still can’t login via Firefox on IOS.  Can log in via Safari though.  Weird.

Firefox on iOS is a weird one, it still uses the Safari rendering engine, so it's likely it inherits the same auth problems faced by Safari as mentioned here:

For iOS, I mainly use the ControlR app or occasionally chrome if I need to access something not exposed in that app.