Phantom Power Failures reported by UPS

About three days per week and always around 5:00-7:00 I get my UPS reporting a power outage but it comes back a second later.  Here is an example from the logs.  I am 99% sure that the power didn't drop in my house as I would notice it as my security alarm general goes off when power dies.  This isn't unRAID doing some sort of a test, is it?  Or maybe my APC UPS sending a test signal?  Does anyone else see this?

edit - Something weird happened to the quote posted below.

Feb 27 05:10:29 Hoylake apcupsd[6539]: Power failure.
Feb 27 05:10:30 Hoylake apcupsd[6539]: Power is back. UPS running on mains.

Edited by wayner

Could be the power company switching in/out capacitor banks or other devices based on load/time of day.  If you look at the apcupsd output it should give a reason for last battery transfer.  Google the apcupsd manual and you should be able to set the UPS sensitivity level using the command line.

1 hour ago, unevent said:

Could be the power company switching in/out capacitor banks or other devices based on load/time of day

Lack of supply would be indicated by low voltage (i.e. brown outs). But general switching you wouldn't notice a difference because they run them in parallel to limit disruptions.

1 hour ago, mr-hexen said:

Lack of supply would be indicated by low voltage (i.e. brown outs). But general switching you wouldn't notice a difference because they run them in parallel to limit disruptions.

Depends on the UPS and how badly the waveform is disrupted, its called an oscillatory transient.