[6.3.2] Disk read/write rates always zero.

3 posts in this topic Last Reply

At some stage, in a recent update, a little icon appeared towards the top-right of the main webgui  tab, the popup help says "Toggle reads/writes display".  When I click on this, all the disk read/write counts change to '0.0 B/s'.  My disks can be busy, with read/write counts increasing quite rapidly, but the B/s never reads anything but 0.0.

Is this a fault or an uncompleted feature?

Edit to add:

Well, that's odd - just after posting this, I went back to try again.  I clicked the refresh button about ten times and, eventually, the read/write rates were displayed.

Edited by PeterB
18 hours ago, PeterB said:

At some stage, in a recent update, a little icon appeared towards the top-right of the main webgui  tab, the popup help says "Toggle reads/writes display".  When I click on this, all the disk read/write counts change to '0.0 B/s'.  My disks can be busy, with read/write counts increasing quite rapidly, but the B/s never reads anything but 0.0.

Is this a fault or an uncompleted feature?

Edit to add:

Well, that's odd - just after posting this, I went back to try again.  I clicked the refresh button about ten times and, eventually, the read/write rates were displayed.

Do you have Page update frequency set to "real-time" (see Settings -> Display settings) ?

8 hours ago, bonienl said:

Do you have Page update frequency set to "real-time" (see Settings -> Display settings) ?

No, it was set 'Disabled', but I had clicked the refresh button (both on the GUI and on the web browser).  It appeared that the disk transfer rates only displayed after I clicked the GUI Refresh button several times rapidly.

All seems well, and the rates are displaying this morning.  However, while it is obvious that the transfer counts are cumulative from system start or reset, it would be useful to know over what period, the transfer rates are calculated.