New Server_Old Server Data drives

I built my new server with Ver. 6.2 some time ago and has been stable. Now I removed all data drives including parity drive out of it to replace with the data drives from old server (5.0). Now that all of the drives are installed and assigned as the old array was. How do I get the new server to accept the new array and parity as good and not wipe the data out? Do I navigate to the Tools tab at the top of the webGui and click on New Config ?

Thanks

Edited by Swampy

I don't think you want New Config again, if you have already used it and then assigned all of your drives.  All you need to do is make sure that "Parity is already valid" checkbox is checked, then start the array.  I would always do a parity check afterward though, to check everything.

It sounds like you have already done this, but if not:  You would use New Config to start a completely new array configuration, making sure you select the Retain option to save nothing, as you don't want any of the previous config assignments saved.  Once you return to the Main page, you would have an empty array, which you can then assign all of the drives, including the Parity disk.