**VIDEO GUIDE** How to setup and use rclone. Copy sync and encrypt files to the cloud. Even stream media

Hi Guys,

This Video is a tutorial on how to setup Rclone on unRAID. You will see how to install it then connect to 3 different cloud storage providers. Amazon, dropbox and google drive. You will see how to encrypt and decrypt files in the cloud. You will see how to connect a docker container to rclone and even stream and encrypted media file to emby or plex.
You will then see how to make the rclone mount into a network share. Finally, you will see how to easily sync a folder to the cloud.

How to setup and use rclone. Copy sync and encrypt files to the cloud. Even stream media

• Like 3
  • Upvote 7

Added to Guides and Videos!

I just watched it, and have to say this was very impressive!  You move fast, but that's fine, the viewer can pause and rewind as needed.  That makes these videos short and information dense, just the way I like it!  I can't watch most tutorials and classes, as they are usually talking down to the lowest common denominator, and I generally give up trying to pay attention.

I also want to say that I think this video could be very empowering for many users.  It introduces a number of very good and useful capabilities.

7 hours ago, RobJ said:

Added to Guides and Videos!

I just watched it, and have to say this was very impressive!  You move fast, but that's fine, the viewer can pause and rewind as needed.  That makes these videos short and information dense, just the way I like it!  I can't watch most tutorials and classes, as they are usually talking down to the lowest common denominator, and I generally give up trying to pay attention.

I also want to say that I think this video could be very empowering for many users.  It introduces a number of very good and useful capabilities.

Thankyou Rob. :D

• 4 weeks later...

Good video!

I just recently started using Rclone from my Windows machine.

If you set it up as a plugin directly in unRaid, as your video shows, does this prevent duplicate instances running if the script takes longer to run than your script interval?

Thanks for this.

I have a question please about the SMB share.  How can I replicate the unraid share options?  Specifically I want to set:

Export: yes

OS X: no 

Security: private

User Access:

User 1: Read/Write

User 2,3 Read-only

User 4,5 No Access

Thanks in advance.

Edit: I've worked out how to add valid users, but not how to give some users read-only access:

[amazon-secure] 
path = /mnt/disks/cloud 
comment = 
browseable = yes 
writeable = yes
valid users=user1, user2
vfs objects =

Edited by DZMM
  • 3 weeks later...
12 hours ago, McKentin said:

Grindrunner, thanks for all you'r video's ! Without it i would suck at unraid. I have a small error with this method, i can see the mounts in krusader, but no filer noir folders are in them.. what did i do wrong? I did all your steps.

Edited by Squid
9 minutes ago, McKentin said:

Squid, it didn't work. I did the rw/slave thing. I see the files in in my amazon/storage(crypted)/ 334343432r3f2332 <-crypted file. When i go to the crypt reclone remote named Storage, my files should be encrypted on the fly and readable.

What is the mapping for your crypt path?  (host mapping)

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone know if there is some temp location for files during a sync job between unraid and acd ?

- im gettin spammed with "no space left on device" when trying to do a sync.

Failed to copy: Write /root/secure/test/xyz.avi: no space left on device

files are a couple of gigs in size.

Setup is a vmware virtual machine on esxi 6.5 running off a passed through usb. Disc controller passed through to that vm for the storage.

Gridrunner, your videos have been so useful to me, Thank You!

I'm still a unix noob and I have a question about the expected behavior. I set up a remote to google: for an existing goggle drive that has lots of files/folders already there. When I use the rclone lsd command, I can see the content there no problem so I've got that part working.

When I navigate via command line to the directory we created(/mnt/disks/google) and mounted to google:, and ls from there, I see nothing. Is that the expected behavior? I don't see any of the files/folders that are in my google: remote.

I'm able to see the google share in OSX and copy files into that share no problem. I can see these files in the /mnt/disks/google directory but do not see them thru the Google Drive web interface. Should I?

Am I just misunderstanding what the google directory is doing for me?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

I've posted on YouTube, but thought I'd post here also, as hopefully there will be over people interested in a solution, if it can be done...

I love your videos and have learnt and set up so much on UNRAID using them, much appreciated! One thing I'd like help with is I'd like to copy my GDrive as read-only (not essential, just for safety really) to my UNRAID server purely for backup purposes.

Can you help me with this? Thanks again!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...