**VIDEO GUIDE** How to setup and use rclone. Copy sync and encrypt files to the cloud. Even stream media

13 minutes ago, ashroughfool said:

How do I open a browser in the server itself if I don't have any OS install? That means, I have to install an OS just to mount rclone?

Not sure I understand. Of course your server has an OS, unRAID is the OS. And if you boot in GUI mode it even has a browser. But you don't need a browser on the server, you just use another computer's browser to access any app's web interface. 

I am really new to this. sorry if this sounds so stupid.

I couldn't find the mounted folder after i did with the scripts provided.

I mounted GoogleDrive, MicrosoftOneDrive, and Dropbox.

I am using the binhex krusader. And compared to the Krusader video, there was no Host Path 1 (which need to have UNRAID folder)

When I went into the binhex I went to the top most, i couldn;t find UNRAID mount to get to disks.

Thank you

10 minutes ago, ashroughfool said:

I am really new to this. sorry if this sounds so stupid.

I couldn't find the mounted folder after i did with the scripts provided.

I mounted GoogleDrive, MicrosoftOneDrive, and Dropbox.

I am using the binhex krusader. And compared to the Krusader video, there was no Host Path 1 (which need to have UNRAID folder)

When I went into the binhex I went to the top most, i couldn;t find UNRAID mount to get to disks.

Thank you

i found the solution.

i put the host path 2 as /mnt/user/media to /mnt/ 

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Hey, I've been following each step in this video and thought I had everything working properly. But when I try to copy files into the mounted google folder (in Krusader) the file doesn't show up in the google drive. 

The command for showing contents in the drive folder does work ("rclone lsd google:") for files and folders created and uploaded in the web interface for google drive (in a browser). But files/folders I copy-paste into the google folder in Krusader does not show up. So it seems to be able to fetch information FROM the drive, but is not able to write TO the drive. 

Any help? I see that the Rclone plugins has a lot more options now than it had in 2017, but I left everyting at default when it was not mentioned in the video. Is there any logs I can check, and if so, where do I find them? 

Copying directly to the mountpoint does not necessarily mean the file will show up on the GUI i.e. if there's an error uploading it.

I would suggest you have a look at this topic below on how to set it up with scripts. It splits the upload folder from the mountpoint and combine using unionfs. That way when you upload (separately done via a script) and things fail, it will get retried on the next upload. I found that to be more reliable than copying directly to the mountpoint.

Thank you, I will take a look at the topic you linked. 

In the meanwhile I tried to copy a file onto my drive by using terminal commands instead, and I got the following error: 

2019/11/27 13:45:29 ERROR : : error reading source directory: directory not found
2019/11/27 13:45:29 ERROR : Attempt 1/3 failed with 1 errors and: directory not found
2019/11/27 13:45:29 ERROR : : error reading source directory: directory not found
2019/11/27 13:45:29 ERROR : Attempt 2/3 failed with 1 errors and: directory not found
2019/11/27 13:45:30 ERROR : : error reading source directory: directory not found
2019/11/27 13:45:30 ERROR : Attempt 3/3 failed with 1 errors and: directory not found
2019/11/27 13:45:30 Failed to copy: directory not found

Any idea how I can start troubleshooting this error? 

19 minutes ago, Mith said:

Thank you, I will take a look at the topic you linked. 

In the meanwhile I tried to copy a file onto my drive by using terminal commands instead, and I got the following error: 

2019/11/27 13:45:29 ERROR : Attempt 1/3 failed with 1 errors and: directory not found
2019/11/27 13:45:29 ERROR : Attempt 2/3 failed with 1 errors and: directory not found
2019/11/27 13:45:30 ERROR : : error reading source directory: directory not found
2019/11/27 13:45:30 ERROR : Attempt 3/3 failed with 1 errors and: directory not found
2019/11/27 13:45:30 Failed to copy: directory not found

Any idea how I can start troubleshooting this error? 

Try using root path instead of relative path.

e.g. if file is /mnt/cache/something/file.ext then you should copy /mnt/cache/something/file.ext instead of mnt/cache/something/file.ext even if your current directory is /

Also, quote the paths if there are spaces.

• 6 months later...

hmm I've done everything in the video. But my google drive isn't showing in Krusader. Rclone works fine in Terminal but I can't see any files in de disks folder when accessing it in Krusader. Any idea what might be the problem?

I used the standerd mount script like stated in the video where I change the path to ''/mnt/disks'' and the remote to ''googledrive:''.

But not working. Any idea what might be wrong?

• 2 weeks later...

Trying to get rclone setup and following this video.  I can see the existing subfolders in rclone when running rclone lsd google: from the command prompt within unRaid.  However, when I try to copy a file from unRaid over to the mounted folder under /mnt/disks/google/, none of the existing GDrive subfolders show up and I get a message "There is not enough space on the disk to write file:///XXXXXXX".  Any insight in what I might be doing wrong?