[Solved]Boot Issue on Intel Motherboard

Greetings!

I'm just started using UNRAID and I'm having some trouble with my install. I have an  Intel Corporation - DH67GD w/ Intel® Core™ i5-2500 CPU @ 3.30GHz. I'm having trouble getting my server to boot. No matter the BIOS settings I use UNRAID just won't boot automatically. However, if I manually open the boot menu and select the flash drive the server boots fine. BIOS settings I've tried:

USB 3.0 - on and off

Legacy USB - on and off

Boot from USB device - on and off

Boot from USB device first - on and off

and basically every combination of those I could think of.

I've used a windows bootable installation flash drive with this setup with no issues. Also I found this post but none of the attachments seem to be present anymore. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Edited by jasont777
  • Thanks 1

Also check if there is a setting for disk boot order, not the normal device boot order, one to select which HDD is the first when there's more than one, I don't recall if Intel boards are like that, but on eg Asus the flash drive will appear on the HDD list, and it needs to be in first place of that list for boot to work.

yeah, the flash drive does show up in the hard drive list. I moved it up to the top but it didn't have any effect. the BIOS doesn't detect the flash drive as bootable. It just skips over it and says insert bootable media. Unless I press F10 for the boot list and manually select it.

• 2 years later...
On 3/13/2017 at 7:19 PM, jasont777 said:

You guys rock! I found the option to disable secure boot and also disable UEFI and it boots great!

Thanks!!!

Hi Jason, I have the same problem on an Intel DQ67OW board but I can't find the secure boot option in the BIOS ... can you remember where is was or what you did to get it to show??