Main GUI Tab HDD Temp Readings

Hey guys, I recently bought a 3ware controller used off ebay and it is working just fine with the exception of the main tab temp readings.

I've read that the main tabreads SMART 190 and 194, but I'm getting all my smart info, but only * on the main tab.

Is there a way for me to modify what the main tab shows for temp just for the drives on this controller?

19 hours ago, PanteraGSTK said:

Hey guys, I recently bought a 3ware controller used off ebay and it is working just fine with the exception of the main tab temp readings.

I've read that the main tabreads SMART 190 and 194, but I'm getting all my smart info, but only * on the main tab.

Is there a way for me to modify what the main tab shows for temp just for the drives on this controller?

You only get the temp displayed for drives that are spun up.   It is normal for there to be an '*' in the temp column for drives that are spun down.

14 hours ago, itimpi said:

You only get the temp displayed for drives that are spun up.   It is normal for there to be an '*' in the temp column for drives that are spun down.

Thanks, but I have spin down turned off. I'm wondering if there is a delay that is making the web UI think the drive is spun down when it actually isn't. Could be the way the RAID card presents the drive. I've seen that issue mentioned in other threads, but have no clue if that could be the issue or not.

There's a polling time setting, default is 1800 seconds, I use 60 secs. (Settings -> Disk Settings -> Tunable (poll_attributes)

Besides that you may need to change SMART controller type, click on one of the disks using the 3WARE controller and then change that setting, "3Ware" is one of the options, I'd start with that one, it's in the SMART settings section (don't forget that it may take up to the number of seconds set above before temp starts showing).