LSL1337 - Plex Media Server

hi guys,

I use the official plex docker, but they don't really answear unraid questions there.

my problem is, i can't install plugins., access is denied over windows network share. it works on the root folder of the unraid share (named Plex), but can't copy to the plug in folder anything. when i used the binhex image, it worked over windows network share.

If i stop the plex docker, still the same result. If I turn off the whole docker feature, even than, access is still denied (write) to the plug in folder.

any idea?

i'm not really a terminal guy btw. i come from windows

Edited by LSL1337
2 minutes ago, LSL1337 said:

hi guys,

I use the official plex docker, but they don't really answear unraid questions there.

my problem is, i can't install plugins., access is denied over windows network share. it works on the root folder of the unraid share (named Plex), but can't copy to the plug in folder anything. when i used the binhex image, it worked over windows network share.

If i stop the plex docker, still the same result. If I turn off the whole docker feature, even than, access is still denied (write) to the plug in folder.

any idea?

Its all because of permissions that the Plex guys have chosen to use on their folders.

You can either switch back to binhex (or probably the lsio version) or

chmod 0777 /mnt/user/appdata/plex/foldername

* change path to what ever is suitable

1 hour ago, LSL1337 said:

hi guys,

any idea?

Sorry, we don't support that version nor binhex's so not sure why you've posted in our support thread.

Edited by CHBMB
23 hours ago, Squid said:

Its all because of permissions that the Plex guys have chosen to use on their folders.

You can either switch back to binhex (or probably the lsio version) or

chmod 0777 /mnt/user/appdata/plex/foldername

* change path to what ever is suitable

Thank you SO MUCH!!! It work's now.

CHBMB: cos the official is based on this docker, there is not much unraid support over there, and it seemed like a general linux/unraid problem, not a plexofficial docker thingy.

anyway, i hope this is useful for other linux noobs as well :)

cheers

3 minutes ago, LSL1337 said:

Thank you SO MUCH!!! It work's now.

CHBMB: cos the official is based on this docker, there is not much unraid support over there, and it seemed like a general linux/unraid problem, not a plexofficial docker thingy.

anyway, i hope this is useful for other linux noobs as well :)

cheers

I appreciate that, but I have notifications set to ls.io threads, so it's not great I get them about other people's docker containers.  :S