Since upgrading to 6.3.2 GUI and transfer speeds under 10 Mbps?

I haven't had an issues with UnRaid for a long time.  However, I started having issues once I upgrade UnRaid to 6.3.2.  The GUI is very slow and lately I've been having transfer speed issues to were a 2 GB file would take 30 min to transfer.  Last night my transfer speeds were less than 10 Mbps.  I've ran a parity check without any errors.

Would someone please help me out on this.  Thank you.

tower-syslog-20170321-1714.zip

The parity check ran for 12 hours, between 9:30 and 9:30.  That's 4 hours per terabyte, which is too slow.  It's normally 2 to 3 hours per terabyte, 2 or less for fast drives, and 3 for very slow drives.  It's time to check the SMART reports for all of the drives, plus run a drive performance test using the disk_speed script.  The syslog does not show any relevant errors at all.  Instead of the syslog, we usually want the diagnostics, which includes the syslog plus all of the SMART reports and a lot more.

• Upvote 1
54 minutes ago, GFOviedo said:

Here's the diagnostics report.  I hope it is the correct file.  Thank you for your help.  The Web GUI seems more responsive after the parity check.  I transferred another file about 2 GB in size.  The speed varied from 7 Mbps to 17 Mbps.  Prior to the parity check, it wouldn't go any faster than 10 Mbps.

The SMART reports look OK, no obvious major issues, but a few are a little suspicious, show some wear and age.  The parity drive is one I suspect may be close to having issues, because the seek error rate has dropped below average.  The very old Seagates with over 60000 hours could also be wearing out, although their SMART numbers look OK.  Several of the WD Reds seem to have a very long test time, *might* be a problem.

What I recommend is try the Drive performance testing tool.  Download the diskspeed.sh script to your flash drive and run it.  Defaults are fine.

On 3/22/2017 at 7:58 PM, RobJ said:

The SMART reports look OK, no obvious major issues, but a few are a little suspicious, show some wear and age.  The parity drive is one I suspect may be close to having issues, because the seek error rate has dropped below average.  The very old Seagates with over 60000 hours could also be wearing out, although their SMART numbers look OK.  Several of the WD Reds seem to have a very long test time, *might* be a problem.

What I recommend is try the Drive performance testing tool.  Download the diskspeed.sh script to your flash drive and run it.  Defaults are fine.

Download the diskspeed.sh to the root or to the config/plugins folder?

If I transfer to the cache drive and / or shared folder via my Window 7 PC, I get between 50 to 90 Mbps transfer speed with a 2 GB file.  However, if I use my Win 10 HTPC, I only get 1 to 12 Mbps transfer speed.

So, I supposed the culprit is the Win 10 HTPC, which I didn't have this issue before.  The HTPC is connected to the router, my Win 7 PC is connect to a switch.  I'm going to connect the Win 10 to the switch as well, and see if that does anything.  Also, I will be switching Ethernet wires just to make sure that's not an issue either.

The other issue that still persist with both Win 7 and Win 10, is the UnRaid GUI is really slow to load and respond to anything I click.  Again this started happening with the last update.  I wonder if I revert back to the previous software if this issue would be fixed?