Netgear ReadyNas NV+ v2 to New Unraid Server

shanelovell

Good Afternoon Unraid Forum,

I am very new to this whole new world of Unraid and even Linux for that matter, so please forgive me if I come across as a complete newbie as this is exactly what I am.

I am looking to transfer files from the ReadyNas server to the New Unraid server without having to go through my laptop.

Both of these servers are connected to the switch on my router, however my laptop is wireless.

I have the community apps installed on the Unraid server and am looking to set a back up from the ReadyNas to the Unraid server.

Is there an app that makes this simple within Unraid? and without having to transfer through the laptop?

I have 9TB of info to move and was wondering if there are any recommendations you all can make to make this faster.

Thank you all for your time and generosity.

make an SMB or NFS share on your ReadyNas

in unRaid, install unassigned devices plugin ) then on the Main tab, add remote SMB/NFS share. move files manually either using midnight commander via terminal or install Krusader or Dolphin via community apps.

there are also other automated solutions, but you'll still need the SMB/NFS network mount first.

8 minutes ago, 1812 said:

make an SMB or NFS share on your ReadyNas

in unRaid, install unassigned devices plugin ) then on the Main tab, add remote SMB/NFS share. move files manually either using midnight commander via terminal or install Krusader or Dolphin via community apps.

there are also other automated solutions, but you'll still need the SMB/NFS network mount first.

Thank you 1812, I will look into this.