Creating/Editing Profiles in UnRAID Plex (Docker)

Long story short, there's a serious issue with playing AC3 audio content with Plex and a Mi Box.

http://forums.plex.tv/discussion/239333/ac3-stereo-issues-with-the-new-mi-box#latest

I've found a fix on reddit, if someone could assist with me identifying where this Android.xml file or how to create it on UNRAID, that'd be awesome.  Thanks!

[–] 2 points 3 months ago* 

I found a work around. I've changed the Android.xml profile on the plex server, added the following to <CodecProfiles>

<VideoAudioCodec name="ac3">
  <Limitations>
    <UpperBound name="audio.channels" value="2" />
    <UpperBound name="audio.bitrate" value="128" />
  </Limitations>
</VideoAudioCodec>

which basically forces all ac3 into 2 channels @ 128 bitrate. I also had to disable Direct Play.

[–] 1 point 32 minutes ago 

Hi,

Where was the directory for this file?

[–] 1 point 15 minutes ago 

/usr/lib/plexmediaserver/Resources/Profiles/Android.xml

[–] 1 point 7 minutes ago 

Mines in a docker using unraid. Can't find a profile folder. I'll do some digging. Thanks

Edited by jakeandchase

You don't say which Plex docker you're using. I'm using linuxserver.io plex docker, and it doesn't look like the Resources are exported. I went to bash inside the container and found /usr/lib/plexmediaserver/Resources/Profiles/Android.xml. If you want you can go into bash in the container and copy it out to some folder that is mapped, edit it there, and copy it back. If you do make a change inside the container be aware that it will not survive a reinstall or update of the container.

12 hours ago, trurl said:

You don't say which Plex docker you're using. I'm using linuxserver.io plex docker, and it doesn't look like the Resources are exported. I went to bash inside the container and found /usr/lib/plexmediaserver/Resources/Profiles/Android.xml. If you want you can go into bash in the container and copy it out to some folder that is mapped, edit it there, and copy it back. If you do make a change inside the container be aware that it will not survive a reinstall or update of the container.

Sorry about that. I'm using linuxserver.io.

Thanks! I'll give it a go.