unable to find unRAID on network after moving array to new computer

I had my 6x6TB array in machine A and moved it to machine B. I'm able to boot into GUI and the array is online and (seemingly) functioning fine, but the machine is not on the assigned static IP. I tried pulling from DHCP; no change. I tried assigning the static IP to the ethernet port in BIOS; no change.

The new motherboard is the Z9PA-D8. Again, everything looks good except I'm not able to get on the network. I checked to confirm the LAN port was enabled in the BIOS, I've searched for the MAC high and low on the network, but it's just not pulling from the DHCP or utilizing the static IP. Any help and suggestions are greatly appreciated.

I have not, but that ethernet line works on another computer and pulls from the DHCP for the iKVM LAN port on the motherboard so I do know it's working. I didn't know if there was maybe something I need to do on the motherboard itself. I disabled PXE on both LAN ports within BIOS and tried both DHCP and static modes.

I have not, but that ethernet line works on another computer and pulls from the DHCP for the iKVM LAN port on the motherboard so I do know it's working. I didn't know if there was maybe something I need to do on the motherboard itself. I disabled PXE on both LAN ports within BIOS and tried both DHCP and static modes.

The log shows you have two Ethernet ports. Check your network configuration in unRAID and also verify the correct port is plugged into your network. Do not specify IP or anything like that in BIOS.

Sent from my ASUS_Z00AD using Tapatalk

Alright, so I backed up my flash drive and removed network.cfg and network-rules.cfg, booted into GUI mode and it's pulling from DHCP now, HOWEVER...

...big red letters at the bottom still that say: Interface eth0 is down. Check cable!

This was a message that appeared before removing the configuration files. I can at least connect to the server now but I just don't understand why it's showing down.

So here's the physical layout -- I have two physical eth ports: A (top) and B (bottom). If I plug into A, it pulls from the DHCP and when browsing to that IP, it takes me to the iKVM login page while unRAID shows nothing. Currently I have it plugged in the bottom-most port, B, and it's running but I'm still getting that scary red message.

Thoughts?

3 hours ago, seventhaxis said:

Alright, so I backed up my flash drive and removed network.cfg and network-rules.cfg, booted into GUI mode and it's pulling from DHCP now, HOWEVER...

...big red letters at the bottom still that say: Interface eth0 is down. Check cable!

This was a message that appeared before removing the configuration files. I can at least connect to the server now but I just don't understand why it's showing down.

So here's the physical layout -- I have two physical eth ports: A (top) and B (bottom). If I plug into A, it pulls from the DHCP and when browsing to that IP, it takes me to the iKVM login page while unRAID shows nothing. Currently I have it plugged in the bottom-most port, B, and it's running but I'm still getting that scary red message.

Thoughts?

Under Network Settings go to "Interface Rules" and swap the assignments of ports eth0 and eth1. You need to reboot to make the change effective.