Cache pool- please help!

I've been using unRAID successfully for years.  Yesterday I added a 2nd 128GB SSD drive to my cache and created a 2 disk cache pool and started the array (the original disk was already formatted with btrfs).  After some time I thought the server hung up because nothing was coming online and any attempts at accessing the webpage timed out so I shut down the server.  After booting everything up, my SSD's were un-mountable. This is when I started to read the various posts and messages and how-to's on the forum.  I went in blindly and didn't realize it actually created a RAID pool, I was just thinking it would allow me to manually use both SSD's.  

Anyways, long story short, I've tried most of the suggestions on the forums to no avail.  I've rebooted, removed the 2nd disk, etc., but no matter what I do I get various messages saying that my cache pool is un-mountable because of "missing devices", "bound to btrfs pool" or no "file system".  I simply couldn't get the original SSD to come online and do not want to format it.  

Last night I decided to put both disks back in, start up the server, set the pool back to 2, and start the array hoping that it would balance and come online.  That was about 12 hours ago and it's still timing out on the website and nothing is available yet.  

Are there any suggestions on how I can get this working again?  Should I just let it ride?  Is there something I may have missed or some commands I can run via SSH to see what is going on?  I'm not sure how long it usually takes to balance out, but 12 hours seems long for 128GB SSD.  

Anything is appreciated.

Thank you!