-=SOLVED=- v 6.3.2 file navigation

I'm trying to move a sonarr config file located here >> /usr/local/Sonarr/AppData but I can't seem to get to it using Dolphin nor the file explorer on the main tab. I guess I can uninstall the plugin and then reinstall it but I'm hoping there is an easier way to navigate to the needed folder through the unRaid webui or even dolphin if I can. The way I'm navigating through dolphin is >> root/user/local but then there is no sonarr folder to be seen, any help is appreciated.

Edited by Dissones4U
SOLVED
I'm trying to move a sonarr config file located here >> /usr/local/Sonarr/AppData but I can't seem to get to it using Dolphin nor the file explorer on the main tab. I guess I can uninstall the plugin and then reinstall it but I'm hoping there is an easier way to navigate to the needed folder through the unRaid webui or even dolphin if I can. The way I'm navigating through dolphin is >> root/user/local but then there is no sonarr folder to be seen, any help is appreciated.

If you don't have /usr mapped to /usr within dolphin (edit the template and add it) then dolphin has no access to that folder

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk

25 minutes ago, jonathanm said:

Are you using a plugin or a docker? Which author's version?

It would be best to ask in the specific support thread for the version you are using.

My question is less about Phaze's plugin and more about file navigation in unRaid. I just need to cut and paste a file.

Looking into squids suggestion now...

Edited by Dissones4U
3 minutes ago, jonathanm said:

There was a reason I asked what I did. If you were using a docker, paths inside the docker do NOT appear anywhere in the unraid file structure, they only exist inside the docker image, thus the reply you got from @Squid

Ok, I wasn't sure which you were talking about because sonarr is phaze's plugin and dolphin is a docker but I was mostly hoping to do this through the webui . I will Google some things on mapping paths in dolphin docker to see if I can find the needed folder. Thank you.

2 minutes ago, Dissones4U said:

I will Google some things on mapping paths in dolphin docker to see if I can find the needed folder. Thank you.

Easiest way to see what you need would be to map host // to container /UNRAID, that way when you navigate to /UNRAID in dolphin, you will see the root of the unraid file system.

4 minutes ago, jonathanm said:

Easiest way to see what you need would be to map host // to container /UNRAID, that way when you navigate to /UNRAID in dolphin, you will see the root of the unraid file system.

ok I will keep this in mind while making my attempt, thanks again jonathanm!

A much better approach would be to really learn and understand dockers, and switch to a sonarr docker. Then you wouldn't need to muck about with unRAID OS locations. I expect the files you are trying to work with actually reside in the easily reachable appdata if you were using a sonarr docker.

On 3/29/2017 at 11:28 AM, Squid said:

If you don't have /usr mapped to /usr within dolphin (edit the template and add it) then dolphin has no access to that folder

Thank you squid, it took me a while to figure out exactly how to do this, there is surprisingly little documentation available but it was well worth it! Now my Sonarr config is persistent which is huge because resetting it all the time sucked.

Just an FYI for anyone else needing insight on how to edit the dolphin docker template:

Left click the dolphin icon as if going to webui ==> Click on edit ==> At the very bottom there are three links, choose  "Add another Path, Port or Variable" ==> As per jonathanm's post below, add the appropriate information for Host Path "//" and Container Path "/UNRAID" without the quotes ==> Save ==> Apply and Dolphin should start back up with expected result of accessing all folders on the system.

On 3/29/2017 at 0:07 PM, jonathanm said:

Your map paths were perfect! I'd actually struggled getting the initial mapping done (I used different paths) but then I re-read your post and adding these paths to the two locations and it worked on the first try!

I appreciate both of you guys helping me with this.

On 3/29/2017 at 1:38 PM, trurl said:

A much better approach would be to really learn and understand dockers, and switch to a sonarr docker. Then you wouldn't need to muck about with unRAID OS locations. I expect the files you are trying to work with actually reside in the easily reachable appdata if you were using a sonarr docker.

Yeah I started feeling like I was playing with fire for a while there, I'd ended up with folders in areas of the OS where I didn't mean to put them. I will probably try the docker because the config file is now on a data share and I can't imagine that's best practice but it works for now. I do want to learn docker, in fact I'd like to try and build one for my cuteftp (which I love) but I don't know anything about making a VM which I need so that I can run the docker making engine. That seems like a long walk that I'm not prepared for yet, but eventually...

Edited by Dissones4U