VMs Lagging all at the same time

Hello all,

My trial is expiring in the next few days so I am hoping I can get this resolved before that. My setup:

Unraid Version: 6.3.2

2x E5-2690 (turned off HT to see if it helped, didn't)

ASRock Rack EP2C602

32 gb ram

R9-295x2, 980 TI

PCIe to USB adapter

2 USB hubs

250gb SSD

2x 5TB HDD (For Media storage)

2x 2TB HDD (Steam library)

2X 480gb SSD (1 for VM3 and 1 for VM4)

124 GB USB disk

VM Setup:

VM1: Security cameras software recording to USB stick

VM2: Browser/torrent machine

VM3: 295x2 gaming

VM4: 980 TI gaming/streamer

My VMs started to lag since several days ago. When it lags, I have noticed the following behaviors:

All VMs lag at the same time.

HDD usage goes up to 100% (may or may not be related) less than 1mb usage, while RAM and CPU don't show anything abnormal.

Playing Far Cry primal, the game runs perfectly until I need to see the map, load a new area, see the game menu.

When the lag happens I can still click on stuff, like change chrome tabs or open the start menu, but of I try to go to a website or open a program it takes a while.

Any help or ideas will be appreciated. Diagnostics file is attached.

tower-diagnostics-20170329-1857.zip

Your /tmpfs is full:

tmpfs           128M  128M     0 100% /var/log

Whether or not that's directly related to your lagging.  Your syslog is being spammed with

Mar 28 23:12:16 Tower kernel: xhci_hcd 0000:02:00.0: WARN Event TRB for slot 2 ep 2 with no TDs queued?

Which is USB related.  

You're going to have to reboot, then open up a tail of the syslog (log button on the UI).  Once those messages start occuring, start pulling out usb devices until you nail down which device is causing the issue then possibly locate it onto another USB controller

• Upvote 1
8 minutes ago, Squid said:

Your /tmpfs is full:

Whether or not that's directly related to your lagging.  Your syslog is being spammed with

Which is USB related.  

You're going to have to reboot, then open up a tail of the syslog (log button on the UI).  Once those messages start occuring, start pulling out usb devices until you nail down which device is causing the issue then possibly locate it onto another USB controller

Thanks for the quick answer. Just so that I have this clear. After rebooting I will have to open the syslog, wait for the messages to start and unplugging each USB device. When I unplug the problem USB the messages will stop, right?

1 hour ago, Squid said:

You got it.  Not sure if its related to the lagging, but its not good either way...

Ok. I found that the USB wireless lan I am using with the cameras VM is the problem. I tried to change it to another USB port, but I still feel it is causing issues. 

I will try the other VMs without it to see if the lagging got corrected.