[Support] brettm357 - UniFi

is this what i think it is?
I was just looking at buying a unifi dream machine for network management and NVR...

Is this docker plus a unifi-video docker the same thing? for free? 

Or what are the differences? 

been running my unraid server for couple years with a windows VM and blue iris for NVR, using my ISP modem for management, considered pfsense but never pulled the trigger.

41 minutes ago, TRusselo said:

I was just looking at buying a unifi dream machine for network management

The Unifi Dream Machine (UDM) has an integrated controller.  It cannot be adopted into this stand alone controller.

The Unifi controller is for managing gateway devices/routers, switches and access points in the Unifi family, but, not the UDM.

Unifi Video and Unifi Protect are two different NVR software implementations.  The software is used for managing cameras, video doorbells, etc.  As far as I know there is no docker implementation yet of Unifi Protect software.  "Old" hardware can still be managed on Protect.  However, I don't think the latest generation hardware designed for Protect can be managed with Unifi Video software.

Ubiquiti makes things very hard to understand and keep straight sometimes.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Updated yesterday and the server died overnight.  WiredTigerLogs filled up 1.8 TB of space, any ideas?

*Wiped out the logs, and fired the container back up. 4.5gb of logs in under 5 min.  I guess I need to just wipe it.  Is there an internal location I can steal a config file from?

** syslog shows errors started at Jun 18 00:00:36, seems like a job that would be trying to run?

Edited by officeboy
new info.
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 12/6/2021 at 4:23 PM, Geiri said:

Do you know if one could manually update the container without using unraid updater?

My question too! 

I can't get the manual "update" to happen under the maintenance section like I can on my windows VM.  I just started using unRaid and was hoping to use the unRaid docker to handle this piece so I can decommission the windows stuff.  But my version that I'm currently running is 6.4.54 and I can't restore that backup to the older version.  So, though I like the idea, this is currently useless to me without being able to update the unifi controller version in the docker.

@brettm357Any updates? It was already quite some time ago that you commented on this. So far I didn't have an issue with it, but now with the Log4J vulnerability it is rather important to have this patched as soon as possible.

If you can't get it working, is there any way we can help out? I can locally build the image using your setup, so your code by itself is working great.

If you don't want the help, is it oke if I use your code to create a "new" docker image that will be receiving updates? I don't want to step on anyone's toes, but no updates is not really a great situation at the moment.

I hope you won't be offended by my proposal.

On 12/18/2021 at 5:49 AM, Guido said:

@brettm357Any updates? It was already quite some time ago that you commented on this. So far I didn't have an issue with it, but now with the Log4J vulnerability it is rather important to have this patched as soon as possible.

If you can't get it working, is there any way we can help out? I can locally build the image using your setup, so your code by itself is working great.

If you don't want the help, is it oke if I use your code to create a "new" docker image that will be receiving updates? I don't want to step on anyone's toes, but no updates is not really a great situation at the moment.

I hope you won't be offended by my proposal.

Hi- Would love the help - I did this for a bit of fun to be honest but now when i try to build new image Dockerhub is requesting i start paying for a plan