[Support] brettm357 - UniFi

I have tried to build with Brett's sources and it just seems to work. At this point I have the container available at docker hub gjurriens/unraid-unifi-controller and I have just tried changing the container image in your template and that went without much trouble (the origional install got orphaned, but installing it again and setting the image to gjurriens/unraid-unifi-controller just brought it back up again with all my settings.

@brettm357; just let me know how to get in contact (some form of chat or something alike) and we'll see how we can get it up and running again as we were used to.

Also... could it be that your image is populair enough for Docker to not like to host it for free anymore? If that is the case... I'm working on getting some private docker container hosting going, if I get it running like I'm hoping to get it running that could also be a way out.

On 12/21/2021 at 3:24 AM, Guido said:

I have tried to build with Brett's sources and it just seems to work. At this point I have the container available at docker hub gjurriens/unraid-unifi-controller and I have just tried changing the container image in your template and that went without much trouble (the origional install got orphaned, but installing it again and setting the image to gjurriens/unraid-unifi-controller just brought it back up again with all my settings.

@brettm357; just let me know how to get in contact (some form of chat or something alike) and we'll see how we can get it up and running again as we were used to.

Also... could it be that your image is populair enough for Docker to not like to host it for free anymore? If that is the case... I'm working on getting some private docker container hosting going, if I get it running like I'm hoping to get it running that could also be a way out.

Have triggered an update to 6.5.45 for now

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 1/26/2024 at 6:19 AM, unraidy said:

Hello. Is this Unifi CTRL for AP's only or as well used for switches? 

Thx !!!

This just a Docker packaging on the Linux Unifi Controller from Ubiquiti.  Like any version of the controller, it will manage any UniFi hardware including, routers/gateways, switches and access points.  Of course, if you have a UniFi router such as the Dream Machine or Dream router with a built-in controller, this controller cannot manage that; only APs and switches.

Edited by Hoopster
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey, 

I have set up the docker and logged on to the website. I have a U6+ and also set the set-inform to the IP of the docker, but I don't get an adoption request. Is there something else that needs to be done before I can adopt? 

U6-Plus-BZ.6.5.64# info

Model:       U6+
Version:     6.5.64.14808
MAC Address: 9c:05:d6:26:61:60
IP Address:  10.100.100.56
Hostname:    U6-Plus
Uptime:      315 seconds
NTP:         Synchronized

• 1 month later...

I don't think it will get an update to latest due to ubiquity moving database structures.

It is best to go to settings and make a backup.

Then look at the next gen unifi network application.

Due to Ubiquity stance on not making and maintaining a docker image, I recommend a LXC to prevent reliance on next gen release:

Otherwise to stay with latest stables, Once you make a backup of your controller, I recommend you using Pete asking version of unifi controller AIO docker.
image.thumb.png.95308a7b882eacaf82e83d8657e127db.png

LSIO githuib and Unifi information:
https://docs.linuxserver.io/images/docker-unifi-network-application/
https://github.com/linuxserver/docker-unifi-network-application

Pete Asking: https://github.com/pallebone/UnifiUnraidReborn