Little trouble copying a directory from the array - permissions?

I had a massive failure on an external RAID array I use hooked up to my Mac Mini (Media server), but luckily I had everything mirrored on my unRAID server so after a few days of copying crap back over I should be good to go. Now the problem.

When I went to copy directories from unRAID via the Mac using Finder, I got a permissions error popup about one of the items. I chose skip so I could see what the heck it was complaining about and it was the TV directory. I telnetted into unRAID and looked at all the permisions and it looks like everything is right with "nobody users". Of course that's just at the top level. No idea if maybe something is amiss further in than that. And I don't know if this is actually the problem anyway.

I went ahead and started the copy operation omitting that directory so that's going to take quite a while to get over. I don't want to start another operation while it's going on so in the meantime maybe someone can give me some ideas on what to do once this part is done? Like maybe a permissions repair or something? Honestly unsure cause I was always able to access that directory from my Mac to copy to it.

The shows in question were probably copied originally via Sonarr / Sickbeard / SickRage, and is a common issue with them.  In those app's UI's, you need to set the permissions to set for new files to be 0777.  To fix the already existing files, install Fix Common Problems, then Tools - Docker Safe New Permissions

• Upvote 1
5 minutes ago, Squid said:

The shows in question were probably copied originally via Sonarr / Sickbeard / SickRage, and is a common issue with them.  In those app's UI's, you need to set the permissions to set for new files to be 0777.  To fix the already existing files, install Fix Common Problems, then Tools - Docker Safe New Permissions

Thanks Squid. In this case, all the files were manually copied over from the Mac to unRAID OR by using btsync (which I no longer use to do issues). But I'll look at what you suggested as soon as I can. Not sure it's  good idea to do anything with files/permissions while there's a massive copy operation going.

On 3/30/2017 at 4:47 PM, Squid said:

That plugin did the trick. Thanks man.