Jump to content
limetech

unRAID OS version 6.3.3 Stable Release Available

85 posts in this topic Last Reply

Recommended Posts

There are now diskloads values in the diagnostics, what do they mean, e.g.?

 

diskload
(
    [sda] => 0 0 577 69
    [sdb] => 0 0 3820 1493
    [sdc] => 2396842 142677 7531 1061
    [sdd] => 142677 142677 2289 2581
    [sde] => 0 0 435 20
    [sdf] => 0 0 0 0
    [sdg] => 0 0 0 0
    [sdh] => 0 0 0 0
    [sdi] => 0 0 0 0
)

 

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Ockingshay said:

WARNING: it's all gone horribly wrong!

 

 

I appear to have lost 10 seconds even though they averaged the same speed between 6.3.2 & 6.3.3...

 

Back to the drawing board please Limetech! 

You forgot the smiley:P

Share this post


Link to post
Updated fine with no apparent issues.
In fact, the GUI seems more responsive -- switching to another tab or refreshing the main page "feels" quicker.


Just a general question with all the "faster" comments. Is it the improvements or the browser? I've noticed when I use chrome and there are a ton of webgui notifications it lags like hell almost to the point of being unresponsive. If I refresh the whole tab or open a new window it feels quicker and starts acting "normal". I assumed that it was a chrome eating memory thing.

Share this post


Link to post
7 hours ago, Ockingshay said:

WARNING: it's all gone horribly wrong!

 

 

I appear to have lost 10 seconds even though they averaged the same speed between 6.3.2 & 6.3.3...

 

Back to the drawing board please Limetech! 

 

I seem to suffering the finewine syndrome as well. Mine seem to only be getting faster.....

 

FineWine.PNG

Share this post


Link to post

I rebooted and it is telling me it will delete all the data on the parity drive. Is this normal?

 

Should I start the array?

 

 

Untitled.png

Share this post


Link to post
46 minutes ago, eaglepigjim said:

I rebooted and it is telling me it will delete all the data on the parity drive. Is this normal?

 

Should I start the array?

 

 

Untitled.png

It is saying your parity is disabled. Was it disabled before you rebooted?

 

Post diagnostics.

Share this post


Link to post

As trurl noted above, it's showing that your Parity #1 drive is disabled.    If you Start the array it's going to attempt to rebuild that parity drive.

 

Note that the message is a bit deceiving => there is NOT any data on a parity drive other than the parity information, so you won't lose anything.

 

You DO, however, apparently have a problem with that drive.   Check the SMART data for it; and perhaps reseat your SATA cable to that drive before you Start the array.

 

The nice thing about a dual parity system is you still have parity protection for your array while you resolve this :D

Share this post


Link to post

I still get a kernel panic on start up since all 6.3 builds and you guys have still yet to address the thread about it you told me to start.

Share this post


Link to post
26 minutes ago, garycase said:

You DO, however, apparently have a problem with that drive.   Check the SMART data for it; and perhaps reseat your SATA cable to that drive before you Start the array.

Or go to Tools - Diagnostics and post complete diagnostic zip and maybe we can tell you more about what the problem is. I will probably split this part of the thread soon since it is unlikely to have anything to do with the release.

Share this post


Link to post

installed my pro copy! much faster GUI response time! very much appreciated thanks guys! i look forward to many years using UnRaid!

Share this post


Link to post

Just wondering, if I use a Micron U.2 PCIeSSD is it going to break from the upgrade?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post

Updated from 6.3.2 to 6.3.3 without issue as usual.

 

I am interested to see an answer to @johnnie.black post above though regarding the "additional" diagnostic information captured (if indeed it wasn't captured before). I can't see reference to this in the changelog. The only thing referenced relating to diagnostics is:

 

  • Quote

    webGui: Add lscpu output to diagnositics

     

Edited by danioj

Share this post


Link to post
18 hours ago, NAS said:

Nice work.

 

Anyone know what this is?

 


webGui: Disk read/write IO in background daemon 

 

 

 

The disk I/O read and write speeds which are displayed on the Main page are now calculated in the background.

 

The GUI used to do this, but now it simply needs to retrieve the obtained values from the daemon. Resulting in less overhead and more accuracy.

 

Share this post


Link to post
18 hours ago, johnnie.black said:

There are now diskloads values in the diagnostics, what do they mean, e.g.?

 


diskload
(
    [sda] => 0 0 577 69
    [sdb] => 0 0 3820 1493
    [sdc] => 2396842 142677 7531 1061
    [sdd] => 142677 142677 2289 2581
    [sde] => 0 0 435 20
    [sdf] => 0 0 0 0
    [sdg] => 0 0 0 0
    [sdh] => 0 0 0 0
    [sdi] => 0 0 0 0
)

 

 

These are the I/O read/write speeds and I/O read/write counters from /proc/diskstats. These numbers are stored in the file diskload.ini by a new daemon and used by the GUI in the Main page.

Share this post


Link to post
27 minutes ago, caseyparsons said:

Loaded and it boots, but now it takes around 30 minutes to load bzimage and bzroot. Was running fine before upgrade.

Clearly something is very wrong here.   I'd reformat your flash drive and reload the latest download.    Be sure to save your key file and to note your disk assignments before doing that.

 

You might also try a different USB port on your computer.

 

Share this post


Link to post
8 minutes ago, garycase said:

Clearly something is very wrong here.   I'd reformat your flash drive and reload the latest download.    Be sure to save your key file and to note your disk assignments before doing that.

 

You might also try a different USB port on your computer.

 

 

Thanks!

 

Is the key file the only file that needs saved? Everything else can be blown away?

 

By disk assignment, do you mean to correlate which serial equals disk 1, disk 2, etc? Any link to simple instructions on that? I'm technical and can do, just not familiar with the process.

Edited by caseyparsons

Share this post


Link to post
10 minutes ago, caseyparsons said:

Is the key file the only file that needs saved? Everything else can be blown away?

Normally you would keep the whole config folder unless you think there is something wrong with it and wanted to really start from scratch.

Share this post


Link to post

Seeing this every minute in syslog since. This update. 

 

 ntpd[1607]: receive: KoD packet from 13.66.62.111 has inconsistent xmt/org/rec timestamps.  Ignoring

I've disabled ntp for now even though it seems harmless as it's been safely ignoring it for 3 days now. However it's a nuisance for sure. 

Edited by mr-hexen

Share this post


Link to post
On 02/04/2017 at 6:55 AM, bonienl said:

 

The disk I/O read and write speeds which are displayed on the Main page are now calculated in the background.

 

The GUI used to do this, but now it simply needs to retrieve the obtained values from the daemon. Resulting in less overhead and more accuracy.

 

Thats great thanks. I read it wrongly as a bug fix which peaked my interest. This feature upgrade is good too obviously.

 

Cheers

Share this post


Link to post
15 hours ago, mr-hexen said:

Seeing this every minute in syslog since. This update. 

 


 ntpd[1607]: receive: KoD packet from 13.66.62.111 has inconsistent xmt/org/rec timestamps.  Ignoring

I've disabled ntp for now even though it seems harmless as it's been safely ignoring it for 3 days now. However it's a nuisance for sure. 

 

So some more reading has identified the KoD packet as a Kiss-of-Death packet, stemming from abuse of the NTP server. Did the system change the NTP polling interval from 6.3.2 to 6.3.3 at all?

Edited by mr-hexen

Share this post


Link to post

Not certain if this should have been in it's own thread, so crosslinking for @limetech here:

 

Share this post


Link to post
On 03/04/2017 at 0:27 AM, caseyparsons said:

Loaded and it boots, but now it takes around 30 minutes to load bzimage and bzroot. Was running fine before upgrade.

 

I'm seeing a good 3 minutes for mine, previously it was maybe 10-15 seconds. There's a definite slow-down in unpacking the bzroot images.  

 

I tried a fresh install on a different USB on my i5-7600K machine and it was pretty slow too (considering it's overclocked to 5.2GHz!).

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.